Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a '14 Granite Crystal Metallic around yet?

I'm trying to decide between Max Steel or the Granite, but not sure how dark or light the Granite is.

Also, is there a big difference between Pearl Coat and Clear Coat for the exterior paint?

Thanks in advance.

bb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drove home an Overland Granite today. Color is darker than it shows in Jeep builder. Max steel has a slight blue tint to grey and has slight sparkle. I was torn but love the Granite. Can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove home an Overland Granite today. Color is darker than it shows in Jeep builder. Max steel has a slight blue tint to grey and has slight sparkle. I was torn but love the Granite. Can't go wrong either way.
Which one is darker?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the granite myself, tho haven't seen one in person yet. MY13 is the mineral gray and hoping the granite is darker if I upgrade to the 2014.

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Please see my thread with pics. Like mentioned Granite is for sure darker than mineral gray, but I would say lighter than dark charcoal. It definately doesn't have the "looks black in most lighting conditions" that dark charcoal, blackberry pearl, dark forest green all have. Granite is a pretty dark gray, but it always looks gray. It's an awesome color and if/when the time comes to get a 2014+, first choice will be granite!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have some pics from the Geneva auto show today. I'm new here (first posting) and it seems I have limits on what I can upload. The granite is beautiful!

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Man, I dont know what it is but I still think the regular Overland looks soooo much better than the Summit. Maybe its the wheels I dont like I dont know. Either way, the pictures above that botornig posted look awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Man, I dont know what it is but I still think the regular Overland looks soooo much better than the Summit. Maybe its the wheels I dont like I dont know. Either way, the pictures above that botornig posted look awesome!!!
Agreed i really think the wheels make suge a huge difference

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's the whole design. The Summit looks like they tacked on some parts from a different vehicle to make it look less like a truck and more like a minivan. The rear bumper area for example. Also, the wheels are terrible.

I can't get over that transition form bumper to grille. They should have made those two flush with each other, it would have looked 100x better.

That color is great. I'm a huge fan of the dark graphite metallic type colors.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts