Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just noticed this a couple days ago and was able to capture a quick video of it earlier on my iPhone 5.

This *only* pertains to when the vehicle light selector is in this position:

(for those that don't know - this position will only display your LED running lamps, regardless of anything else)

When in Park, the LEDs are somewhat dull (this is normal). When you move into Drive, the LEDs brighten up quite a bit (this is also normal). However, when going from Drive to Park sometimes, the driver's side LED just turns off completely. This happens a couple times in this video, check it out:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FvSaU95SlHI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

You'll need to go full-screen to really see what's going on. The actual HID headlamps are not coming on anywhere in this video - it's *only* the LED running lamps that you are seeing (dim or fully lit).

Sooooo ... those of you with '14 Limited w/ LuxII, Overlands, or Summits - can you please check this out on your Jeep? I'd like to know if I'm alone on this. I don't consider it to be a huge deal, just a possible flaw? It seems to be completely random.

Thanks!

Cope

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think that means She is "Winking" at you !! ;)

(Great video by the way, it really shows the problem)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Ran out and checked mine right after I read your post. Not happening on my '14. Hope you can find a cure.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is it wrong that I want to find a mirror and go down to the garage right now to test this???

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it wrong that I want to find a mirror and go down to the garage right now to test this???
No, please go try. :)

See if you can replicate what you see in my video.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
Unlike your video, both my drl's go off in park.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unlike your video, both my drl's go off in park.
Not if you have the headlamp selector switch in the position that I have it in in the photo above. If you have it there then they stay on in park (even if you turn the car off).

If you have the selector on "Auto" then, yes, they turn off when you go into Park.

·
Registered
181 Posts
No, please go try. :)

See if you can replicate what you see in my video.
Can't... boys room is right above the garage, and I have no pen for the note if I don't open the garage door.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran out and checked mine right after I read your post. Not happening on my '14. Hope you can find a cure.
Thank you for testing, I appreciate it.

How many times did you go back and forth with the gear selector?

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I thought the drl,s stay on all the time the engine is on?
If you have the light switch set to Auto, and you put the gear to park, they turn off. Likewise, as soon as you move it to drive they illuminate.

If you have the light switch set to the setting I show in the photo in my original post, the DRLs are *always* on (park, drive, car off, etc.) ... until you move the switch.

But this is all beside the point - I'm looking for more insight from '14 owners who have these DRLs.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
If you use the setting that you show,do the headlights come on automatically also?
No. As I stated in the original post, this setting displays the LED running lamps ONLY on the front end and it doesn't matter if it's day, night, car on, car off (it also illuminates the taillights).

For full headlamps to be on you have a couple different options to choose from. This setting I displayed will ONLY turn on the LEDs.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Are you perhaps bumping the turn signal? On Audis and some VWs, if the turn signal is on the DRL on that side will turn off to make the turn signal easier to see. Don't know on Jeeps, since mine is still waiting to be built.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Are you perhaps bumping the turn signal? On Audis and some VWs, if the turn signal is on the DRL on that side will turn off to make the turn signal easier to see. Don't know on Jeeps, since mine is still waiting to be built.
Yes that is true with these '14 Jeeps as well - if you just have the headlights in auto and it's daytime so the DRLs are on by themselves, the DRL on the turn signal side will turn off completely while the blinker is on.

However, I am not in auto mode with this video. I have the DRLs just turned on manually. In this mode, when I hit the blinker, the DRL on the side that the blinker is on with just dim a little bit while the blinker is on, but it doesn't turn off completely.

Edited to add: you would also clearly see my turn signal illuminating if that were the case, but you aren't.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's odd - it's working for most others it seems like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts