Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S2Rd
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know some others have had issues with their jeep orders getting 'stuck' at the Inspection phase, but mine's been there for two solid weeks at this point. I emailed my dealer today to see if they can move things along, but I'll put this out to the considerable combined wisdom of the board as well - WHAT GIVES?!?

First-world problems to be sure, but c'mon... I WANT MY SHINY NEW TOY ALREADY!!!

Marlon or Chevy, I dunno... Maybe you can give it a nudge? Ha...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
only 2 weeks !!! mine has been there for 1 month now and nobody knows nothing !!

2014 summit 5.7 Cashmere Pearl 4wd trapped in inspection since 3/20

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S2Rd
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only 2 weeks !!! mine has been there for 1 month now and nobody knows nothing !!
Yeah, I saw your thread right after I posted this... Damn man, I sure hope I don't have another two weeks of inspection purgatory ahead of me!! Best of luck...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was 10 or so days in inspection and another 10 days sitting in a rail yard waiting on a truck to the dealer. I feel for ya buddy, hang in there.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I've been stuck in Toledo Yard hell for 2 weeks now, does that count??? Haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been though this myself, and as best I can see the problem is caused by Jeep not practicing triage when a car goes into Inspection. It might be just a carpet misfit or as bad as a faulty transmission, but regardless they sit in limbo until it comes time for the repair team to get to it.

I may be wrong, but that certainly seems to be the issue.

Michael

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine sat for three weeks and then was in and out of repair in a day. Chevy says repair is backed up, and the vehicles sit until repair can get to them. He says generally repair takes them in order, but obviously there are exceptions. In any event, I feel your pain. Chrysler needs to focus on this issue.

KJF

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah I ordered my 14 Overland last week and they said the Jeep is ready to go and is just waiting to be picked up by the truck and delivered to the Dealer. That was on 04/15. I called the dealer today to see what the status was, he looked up the VIN and said that it is still in the lot waiting to be picked up.

GRRRR!!! What is taking so long? I'm too anxious :/

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Yeah I ordered my 14 Overland last week and they said the Jeep is ready to go and is just waiting to be picked up by the truck and delivered to the Dealer. That was on 04/15. I called the dealer today to see what the status was, he looked up the VIN and said that it is still in the lot waiting to be picked up.

GRRRR!!! What is taking so long? I'm too anxious :/
Welcome to the club..mine did the same thing and now is "supposedly" on its way here..it will come

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been stuck in Toledo Yard hell for 2 weeks now, does that count??? Haha
Hey SnoFire, where did you get your status on your sig that the Jeep was shipped out 04/22 (today)?

I live in Northern IL not far from WI. So maybe my Jeep is on their with yours.

Anyways, I hope your status is right, because I'd like to get it this week! :)

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hey SnoFire, where did you get your status on your sig that the Jeep was shipped out 04/22 (today)?

I live in Northern IL not far from WI. So maybe my Jeep is on their with yours.

Anyways, I hope your status is right, because I'd like to get it this week! :)
He is a premium member, if you pay for membership level three or above, you support this forum and get access to updates that are more precise and detailed than VOTS.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
He is a premium member, if you pay for membership level three or above, you support this forum and get access to updates that are more precise and detailed than VOTS.
That is correct. MOTS (Milous Online Tracking System) is updated many times a day and on the weekends. Site Supporters level 3 and higher have access to this tracking system along with the Build sheets for your vehicle. Mine finally shipped from one of the lots. Depending who you put your order in will really depend on when you can expect to get it. There are 2 other users near that are still sitting in the same lot I was and one of them had a delivery date of today as well.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Well I finally got a call back from the dealer from a week ago he claims that the hold up is the radio. I find this hard to believe that they don't have a radio they could have replaced it with back on March 20th when it went into inspection,at this point there is no known release date and I'm getting extremely frustrated and thinking it may be time to rethink my purchase,I'm safe as I didn't put a deposit down (bought many vehicles from the dealer) :slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight::slapfight:

2014 5.7 Summit Cashmere Pearl 4wd

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Relax. When I am done "testing" your vehicles, I'll drop them back at the railyard. BTW, neither of them passed my "float down the river" test.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That is correct. MOTS (Milous Online Tracking System) is updated many times a day and on the weekends. Site Supporters level 3 and higher have access to this tracking system along with the Build sheets for your vehicle. Mine finally shipped from one of the lots. Depending who you put your order in will really depend on when you can expect to get it. There are 2 other users near that are still sitting in the same lot I was and one of them had a delivery date of today as well.
Ah I see! Yeah I called the dealer this morning to see if maybe mine got onboard with yours. But nope, mine is still sitting in the yard waiting to hitch a ride. Grrr.. This long awaited anticipation/excitement is making me go crazy lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You said you ordered your's last week and it is already in the lot waiting to ship? How come such a short time? Must be nice..

·
Registered
278 Posts
You said you ordered your's last week and it is already in the lot waiting to ship? How come such a short time? Must be nice..
Yeah I actually didn't order it from scratch. I went to my dealer wanting a Max Steel Overland V6 4x4. They didn't have any in stock so he tried looking around other dealerships for it. No luck there either but he was able to find one directly from the manufactur in Toledo already built and in the lot that didn't have anyone's name on it yet (a dealer production, not a customers order).

So my dealer quickly claimed his name on it and is now waiting for it to be trucked over here for me. So I guess in that aspect, I got lucky I didn't have to wait for it to be built. But still the 2 week waiting for shipment is driving me nuts lol. How hard is it for them to load it up and ship it out? I mean, it's ready to go, but is just sitting there.

If I could, I'd just drive there and pick it up myself, I'm only a few hundred miles away lol.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Isn't there some flooding and what not in the Mid-West?

If the trains are being held up at all, that will probably have a chain reaction type effect on deliveries.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been sitting in inspection for 2 weeks as well. I checked with Chevy and yesterday he advised that repair is not backed up any longer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Sno, any update on your ride? Has it shown up yet or is it still out for delivery? Just curious as to the time table when it gets to that point.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts