Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assumed the ORII automatically gave you the Trail Rated badging. I guess this is not correct?

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,379 Posts
Times are tough at ChryFi. Lol

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
It should, but you are not the first to be deprived. Tell your dealer, and they will be able to get one.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
And when you get your badge, it will only be on the driver's side! It's a Jeep thing.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I checked my build sheet and it's included in the ORAII package.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
No badge here either and I have the ORA II and yes my build sheet did have it listed. I never did really care one way or the other.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I literally thought I was going crazy! For all who responded, thanks for the clarification. Ironic that Jeep makes it a (selling) point from an advertising perspective to brag about their "trail-worthy" vehicles but "forgets" to slap the actual badge on the damn things.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Mine was delivered to me on Saturday, badge and all!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Overland with ORII was missing the Trail Rated badge on delivery also, though mine also had it listed on the build sheet. Mentioned it to the dealer when I first picked up the Jeep and he had the badge ordered. He had it in within a couple of days and install at the dealer took all of about 3 minutes.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My '12 has OR1 package, the badge is on the sheet, but I didn't get a badge either.

Was gonna bug the dealer about it but never did - decided I like the clean look better.

Last time I was at the dealer for an oil change, the desk advisor noticed I had a rear tow hook when he went to check mileage. He got all excited for some odd reason and was asking me if I installed it myself. Forget exactly how the conversation went, but it quickly became apparent that he didn't even think a rear hook was available from the factory and he thought I installed an aftermarket. He said my WK2 must be one of the very few they've sold that has an OR package. (I did a factory order.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't want the badge, but isn't the normal Overland trail rated... or is it just mall parking lot rated? What makes the trail rated designation? I am guessing that package with the 18 inch wheels and skid plates, but seems weird that they tout the Jeep GC offroad ability and they aren't all trail rated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't want the badge, but isn't the normal Overland trail rated... or is it just mall parking lot rated? What makes the trail rated designation? I am guessing that package with the 18 inch wheels and skid plates, but seems weird that they tout the Jeep GC offroad ability and they aren't all trail rated.
Marketing. Basically the skid plates.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those marketing people are geniuses... now I want mine to be trail rated... lol... where do I get me some skid plates.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
With the Hemi or CRD it also adds QuadraDrive II.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ah, that makes sense then. Worst mine will see is a gravel road. I had a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and it saw pavement its entire life... sad really.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not a chance... unless i keep in on the inside. I want to de-badge the jeep (once I can find a how to as I have never done it before), not add things to it. THats funny that you can buy them though... thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts