Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
Rhino Trackhawk
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good day with my jeep today. I installed tow hook son my Summit (required cutting the front fascia). More got cut than i wanted but it will work.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Headlamp

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Grille Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper

I also finally got my new Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/50R20's) in at Discount and had them installed this afternoon. They look great, feel great and are no louder than the stock goodyears. Next week I will get some off-roading in and will see how they fair.

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Car

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

· Registered
269 Posts
Tires look great, if they're as quiet as forturas, it'd be huge upgrade

· Registered
242 Posts
I see from the Nitto site that the Terra Grapplers have two sidewall designs so you can choose which one you want on the outside. I am assuming you chose to have the more aggressive one facing out?

Edit: it appears only the type of sidewall lettering differs (solid vs. striped) between the sides, not the actual tread pattern.

· Registered
359 Posts
Looks good. How about heat-welding a bit of matching plastic "bead" at the cut edges in an attempt to make it look "factory"? Is this the next after-market grill-insert option: "2014 Summit Tow-Hook Lower Grill"?

· Registered
1,719 Posts
Man, those tires look meaty as hell. Something I am saving up for is a set of powder coated black 18's with those tires. Just. Need. More. Money

· Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
I find it very hard to believe those are as quiet as the Forteria's.
The design on the sidewall makes them look much more aggressive than they really are. If you look at the overall tread pattern, they're not overly aggressive...compared to a BFG AT/KO...which are pretty quiet for what they are.

Also, The WK2 is loaded with sound deadening. Would take a big difference in overall tire noise to notice a significant increase in the cabin....with the windows closed obviously.

I don't have experience with these personally, but the compound of the rubber has just as much to do with road noise as the overall design of the tread.

· Registered
Rhino Trackhawk
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice to see that you can atleast get some tow hooks installed in a working fashion on the Summit. Mine is on the way, so I may be doing this. Kinda important to have some recovery points on a Jeep!
I agree! I didn't want a $150 part make my decision for me on an Overland over a Summit. Once I was able to verify the mounts for the hooks were still there, I knew what I was going to do. Not the prettiest but it is functional. Plus, nobody but us fellow Jeepers will ever know/notice.

· Registered
Subaru Legacy
534 Posts
God damnit. I was set on ordering an Overland. I told myself I would just upgrade the stereo myself. Then you had to go and do this. Damnit.

:confused:

· Administrator
11,967 Posts
What exact parts are needed for the tow hook mods on the Summit? Is it as simple as just buying the tow hooks themselves?
Yes, there is no difference on the frame behind the fascia on the MY14 Summit--the mounting points are there. But you do need to carefully cut out the fascia on the Summit to allow the tow hooks to be installed.

Reactions: Grady2014
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.