Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get theirs tinted yet. Wondering what people are going with.
5% all around
Or
5% on front two and 20% on the rest
Or
Just doing 20% on the front two

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would ask the tint shop to match it. They'll have the best idea of what tint % will match all the way around.

·
Registered
783 Posts
20% fronts to match factory rears
This is what I get on my vehicles. It's not too dark and gives the vehicle a nice clean look. Also, since California is a no front tint state, cops tend to let this slide.

·
Registered
Jeep wk
2,015 Posts
Nj is a no front tint state as well and I've seen people get tickets for 35% tints. I've had 20s for over a year and 35's before that for years without any problems.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
20% on the fronts only, same as our old 2011. Tonight for some reason my wife thought that her old car had the rear windows tinted darker than stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all.

Today is the day; no one mentioned 5%, and I was in the fence about it. Looks like it will be 20% fronts or whatever ends up matching the back.

Thanks again,
1stTruk

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 4x4
393 Posts
Legal limit here in TX is 25% if I'm not mistaken. Had the dealer throw window tint in the deal and it looks like they did 30%, which is fine. Not too dark and still helps keep the sun out.

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
I'll be tinting my front side windows at 35% (legal limit for Mass).

I'll post pic's once they're done. There's a great tint shop real close to me too!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Changed my mind at the last minute. Did 5% all around. We shall how it dries.
5% is really dark. Makes it hard to see even from the inside at night.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did 20% on my front 2 to match the factory tint on the back windows. I'm very happy with the overall look and night driving isn't affected too much. In my area, I'd get pulled over with anything darker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd leave it at 20 also. I have 20 on mine and it's perfect, matches well. 5 is way too dark in my opinion and you risk getting profiled around town.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
I'll be tinting my front side windows at 35% (legal limit for Mass).

I'll post pic's once they're done. There's a great tint shop real close to me too!
Can you please post pictures when you do this? I'm thinking of doing the same, but not sure staying legal is worth it. Would love all windows to match, but don't want to get hassled.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Thank you all.

Today is the day; no one mentioned 5%, and I was in the fence about it. Looks like it will be 20% fronts or whatever ends up matching the back.

Thanks again,
1stTruk
Smart move. At night 20% is already kind of hard to see out of in poorly lit areas. 5% is near about impossible and dangerous.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you changed your mind....

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I had this done about two weeks ago, 20% on the front two windows and 5% around the back. I've used that combination for a while now.

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
Can you please post pictures when you do this? I'm thinking of doing the same, but not sure staying legal is worth it. Would love all windows to match, but don't want to get hassled.

Thanks
Will do.

This is what 35% tint looks like on my current vehicle...better than nothing IMO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just had my fronts tinted to match the rears which are 20%. The tint is Huper Optik, a better film and costs more but matches with the rest of the windows :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone get theirs tinted yet. Wondering what people are going with.
5% all around
Or
5% on front two and 20% on the rest
Or
Just doing 20% on the front two
By now I think this should be a " Sticky"... If you want your front windows tinted like the rear windows.......15-20% is the way to go. Don't believe me?.....Check my Rep

1 - 20 of 58 Posts