Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased 1993 Grand Cherokee with only 63,000 original miles. 4.0, It has roll up windows, Manual door locks, no factory cruise, no factory A/C, basic steel 15” wheels, auto, 2wd/part time/n/low. kept in Garage in Colorado so extremely nice shape, has highway tires on it so guy did not take off-roading. Anyway I was looking for a nice used jeep to turn into a Rockcrawler, my son saw this one The the for sale sign in Walgreens parking lot, The owner purchased it brand new and kept it at his vacation home in Colorado.
So I’m not sure if I want to chop this thing up if it is rare, not too familiar with these any suggestions thank you.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
141 Posts
Wow. You need to contact David Tracy at Jalopnik (if you aren't aware of who he is, do a quick search. He makes a habit of chasing "holy grail" Jeeps, typically ones with manual transmissions, but also ones with very few options, like this one).

Very nice GC, would be a shame to see it cut up into a rock crawler. On the other hand, always best to have a solid foundation, which this one definitely has! Nice find!!!

Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice example of an early 93 base model i believe. Yeah pretty rare to find a Grand Cherokee without the luxury options.. could have just gotten a Cherokee XJ.

This one being early it has the AW4 transmission with the 1-2 combo position on shifter. That right there is a valuable item to have on a modified ZJ/XJ as it's far superior to the later 42re. It's also got the NP231 transfer.

I'd use it for your build, it's not a unicorn, just a nice clean low mileage base model.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Man don't chop that Jeep up!
You got a rare find there even though it doesn't have AC, elec. windows or cruise.

Might want to keep it as a family back up vehicle.
Put more aggressive tires on it for some occasional light off roading and Winter use if you live in the salt belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts