Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

More pics in the CL ad here: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/chaska-1999-jeep-cherokee-xj-sport/6893120294.html

## 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4.0L I6 High Output
4spd Automatic
152k miles
Power windows & locks
$14,500 or best offer

### Suspension:
* Rusty’s 6” Long Arm Kit with transfer case skidplate
* JK Quick Disconnects
* Adjustable Track Arm
* BDS Shocks and Stabilizer
* Rebuilt 8.25
* Rear disc brake conversion
* Dayton 2” Grease-able Shackles
* Diff Guards

### Drivetrain:
* Transmission rebuilt
* Rebuilt NP231 with SYE Kit
* Adams Drive Line
* Engine inspected with Bore Camera
* Newer Optima red top battery

### Exterior:
* Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Bull Bar. Winch-ready.
* Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
* HiLift Jack with lock & silencer
* Thule Lockable Roof Rack
* SportRack Extended Roof Basket
* Six 6,900 Lumen Lights
* A-pillar LED Spot Light
* Custom Made Rock Sliders with Rubber Foot Pads
* Rigid Truck-Lite 27450C LED headlights
* Depo clear marker and turn lenses
* LED white/amber switchback front turn signals
* Includes new Pyle front & rear external cameras (not yet installed)

### Body:
* New Windshield in 2017
* Tinted Windows
* Napier Products Flat Fenders
* Roof basket-mounted shovel & axe
* Hi-Lift jack with storage lock
* Off-road bumper flag

### Interior:
* Pioneer AVH3400 NEX CarPlay/Android Auto touchscreen head unit. New in Feb. 2019
* 4 Kicker 6.25” speakers, new in Feb. 2019. Front doors and rear roof.
* Uniden PRO 520XL CB Radio with PA speaker, new in Feb. 2019
* WeatherTech Floor Mats and Cargo Mat
* Rear Aux Power Sockets
* Custom-built rear cargo drawer system
* OE headliner in great condition. No sagging.

### Wheels/Tires:
* BFG KO2 305/70/16 Tires - (33x12x16) - New February 2019, less than 500 miles on them
* MD 16x8.5 Black Aluminum Rims
* G2 1.25" 5x4.5 Wheel spacers

Selling my beloved XJ that I searched the country to find. I searched for months for the nicest Cherokee I could find in my price range, and this is it. This Jeep came from Portland where it served as a border patrol vehicle. The previous owner did the majority of the suspension and body mods, while I did the recent interior mods and new tires. He also stripped the underside and coated it. There is zero rust on this vehicle. By far the nicest XJ Cherokee I've ever seen in person. I'm selling because I have three cars and need the space, and this one gets driven the least. It has current MN troops plates that expire in September 2019 and is now eligible for Collector plates.

This Jeep has 152,xxx miles and will not increase much since it mostly just sits in my garage on a battery tender. This XJ is fun to drive and is very capable, but I just don't have the time. I feel very lucky to have been able to own a Cherokee this nice but it deserves to be driven and taken on adventures. There aren't many XJ's left in this condition under $20k and the values are rising on nicer examples.

When I originally bought this Jeep, the shipper I used caused some damage while unloading it before I arrived. This damage was a broken exhaust hanger and a broken front swaybar mount. The exhaust hanger was an easy $8 fix but the swaybar mount hasn't been repaired yet. I will have this fixed before it is sold, but I want to be as transparent as possible about the condition of this Jeep. As with most XJ's, it's sometimes difficult to shift into 4-HI, so I had planned to install a cable shift conversion. The steering bushings are showing their age, so I planned to upgrade the tie rod and drag link to a more robust setup. The steering wheel points to about 10 o'clock but a new drag link would remedy this. I can work with a buyer to have this upgraded as part of the sale. The ABS light is on in the instrument panel.

Price is negotiable. No tire-kickers, no joy rides, no off-road test drives. The Jeep is always garaged at my home where I can show it on weekends and evenings. If you're considering this Jeep, I assume your time is as valuable as mine, so let’s chat first to make sure it’s worth meeting. Clean title in hand. This Cherokee is ready for your summer overland adventure. Please PM me for more details.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no axle upgrades like lockers or gears?
No axle upgrades as noted by the mod list above.

The front sway bar mount is being repaired next week and a Currectlync steering kit is going in as well. When that is done, I'll be posting this Jeep to eBay as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts