Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
jeep cherokee
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Need help Just picked my first JEEP:) unfortunately after 2werks of driving the solenoid pack when out. I replaced it right away the code went away but now I'm getting a new code p1732 putting the trany into limp mode. I have try everything replaced the solenoid pack with factory one recommended by a trany shop but the code still coming back. Any very appreciated!!! Thanks Alex.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Welcome to the garage. The P1732 code is a fault in the UD pressure switch circuit (under drive). The TCM constantly checks the pressure switch states for a given gear and sets a fault code when it sees a different state then it should have for that gear. This can be an electrical problem, but also hydraulical. Clean well the solenoid block connector and receptacle, to be sure that you don´t have high resistance.
Also something can have gone wrong during installation of the solenoid block.
As you have seen, the gasket in between the solenoid block and valve body has some very fine rubber beats which forms the channels. A break in one of the beats can cause hydraulic fluid going to another circuit, reducing its pressure and setting a fault code due to a too low pressure at the pressure switch. The fault can eventually be internally to the solenoid block.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Here are the transmission connectors pin-outs.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts