Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a 2.0T today. I thought my V6 was the perfect vehicle but now must say the 2.0T is much much better. (faster than h too)
The sound of a four is noticeable with the hood open, close hood all good.
Test drive with windows open - no noticeable sounds like a 4 cyl would make.
Feels very light (compared to my TH) feels easy to steer feels less ponderous and even athletic.

Now have read every thing everywhere about the 2.0T and have watched Ytube as much as could BUT nothing prepared me for the acceleration, for being set back in my seat, for the spinning tires from a standing start for about 5 car lengths. In short the difference between the standard 4 and my v6 pails to the astounding difference between my V6 and the 2.0T
I would also say I see no need for a heckcat with the kind of performance I felt today.
YEEHAAA!

·
Registered
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE
470 Posts
I have been trying to see if any1 is shows the boost level but no 1 has it. Is there a boost gauge on the Cherokee? I am holding off to see if the f/i the 3.6 v6 and see what cars they put it in. I still have some time left on my 15 v6 so lets see if the 2020/2021 have an upgrade on the 2.0. I have been looking for some 0/60,1/4 mile test but none so far. They say it is .5 faster in all speeds than the currant 3.2 v6. My 15 did the 0/60 in 6.15 and 1/8 mile in 9.51 @75 mph. My 14 trail hawk was .5 slower and 4 mph slower only because it was 503 lbs heavier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been trying to see if any1 is shows the boost level but no 1 has it. Is there a boost gauge on the Cherokee? and 4 mph slower only because it was 503 lbs heavier.
no boost gauge on this or the Alfa for that matter- boost on the Cherokee is in same category on the Cherokee as lift kits and oversized tires IMO

·
Registered
2014 5.7 Limited ORA2
223 Posts
Test drove a 2.0T today. I thought my V6 was the perfect vehicle but now must say the 2.0T is much much better. (faster than h too)
The sound of a four is noticeable with the hood open, close hood all good.
Test drive with windows open - no noticeable sounds like a 4 cyl would make.
Feels very light (compared to my TH) feels easy to steer feels less ponderous and even athletic.

Now have read every thing everywhere about the 2.0T and have watched Ytube as much as could BUT nothing prepared me for the acceleration, for being set back in my seat, for the spinning tires from a standing start for about 5 car lengths. In short the difference between the standard 4 and my v6 pails to the astounding difference between my V6 and the 2.0T
I would also say I see no need for a heckcat with the kind of performance I felt today.
YEEHAAA!
Did you test a FWD one, because there is no way a 4x4 cherokee with the 2.0T is spinning the tires for 5 car lengths even a Trackhawk with 700hp isnt spinning the tires like that. I see you have a TH the ponderous feeling you have is most likely caused by the tires, I recently put Bilstein suspension on my TH and swapped in 18" wheels with 255/55/18 tires, totally transformed the handling, it feel like and athletic. i've also driven an Alpha Romeo Stelvio and while not on the same level, the chassis of the cherokee has lots of potential especially if you put a decent set of tires on it that isn't geared offroad.

The Stelvio engine while not the "same" as the jeep engine is loosely related and there is some very good tuning options available so i'm thinking there will be tuning options that become available soon. Speed wise a Stelvio is 280hp/306tq The new Jeep Turbo is 270/295 not much difference and the stelvio weighs around the same, The stelvio has a low 5 second 0-60 I see no reason why the cherokee shouldn't be low 6's maybe knock a high 5 second 0-60 in the right trim (AKA not a trailhawk)

Also related to speed wise, i've done a modification that disables the rear wheels and make my vehicle FWD, with the larger tires i'm running up front I have almost no wheel spin and in this mode my vehicle is faster than when in AWD mode, less parasistic drive loss = more HP so it makes sense.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
174 Posts
Just upgraded my comuter 2016 Altitude 2.4 to a 2019 limited 2.0T. I hated the 2.4 for so many reasons. Most my time I owned it I spent wondering why I didn't get the V6. My wife convinced me that we didn't need power. We had issues with two coil packs and crazy oil consumption last month with only 22k. While at the dealer I test drove the 2019 2.0T and within hours upgraded. It very impressive performer. I will have to wait to see what tunning options become available. I plan on testing with torque app OBII to see what kind Psi it runs stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts