Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Jeeps heated mirrors have stopped working, is there a fuse involved my back window defrost button works just not the mirrors, one stopped then the other? I don't have a owners manual for it does anyone have any ideas.
Thank you for any help! : )
Brandywine

·
Registered
66 Posts
my Jeeps heated mirrors have stopped working, is there a fuse involved my back window defrost button works just not the mirrors, one stopped then the other? I don't have a owners manual for it does anyone have any ideas.
Thank you for any help! : )
Brandywine
Pretty good chance the wires tween the door and chassis are brittle at that age and all the years are catching up now. Is common for the wires to just sever in the loom. Have a careful look! You can also check to see if power is being received at the mirror motor but you'll need to pull the door panel to access the plug. Then you can ID the wires pertaining and trace them back to the switches. Good luck and let us know what you find!

Help on door panel removal:

·
The beast from Brazil
8,246 Posts
Each mirror heater gets its 12V via its respective door control module. Was there a long time in between one stopping to work after the other, or almost at the same time? There is no separate fuse for the mirror heating. Do all other functions from the door modules (windows, door locks) work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts