Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green and tan wrangler sahara for sale with a ton of work done to get it in good shape.
Here is the rundown of everything ive done on it:
New frame, new engine, new radiator, new brakes and brake lines, new fuel lines, new soft top, repainted the hard top, new carpet, any panels with rust were removed and replaced new, new front and rear bumper and front and rear headlights and new radio. Tires and rims as well, the engine and tires have less than 1000 miles on them.
asking $10,000 for it
I am in central Illinois (unfortunately) if anyone wants to come by and take a look and drive it,
I am by no means a car salesman and just used my best judgement for a fair price from what ive seen out there. Just looking to sell so I can move on to a little newer model to start modding out! Thanks for looking i will post some pictures shortly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to copy the pictures i posted on Autotrader onto here, but here it is, if anyone has any questions ill be happy to answer them
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
Grab some underside shots and I didn’t see anything about suspension and original mileage before that bucket list of work you did. Did you check rear dif. Dana 35’s have issue with third member carrier bearings going bad. The rear end likes to twist and causes stress on the axle shafts and wreaks havoc on the carrier and ring and pinion. Mileage would Ben helpful form transmission and t case as they get 150-200k without too much issue. The 99 I6 was by the best in those years and did you check blend door and windshield soft top rail. The wind beats the factory rail to death and causes rain and snow to come in a top of windshield. That would help and price point seems reasonable but could be higher actually if it’s clean underneath 12,500-14,000.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is extremely helpful I appreciate that. I will take some pictures from underneath and post them on here asap. I havent had the rear differential checked but with the right photos maybe someone would be able to see what shape its in. Its got 135k miles on it, the engine i put in is from tri star engines in indiana, it should still have plenty of warranty left its only got about 1000 miles on it. Ill call them Monday and see what it is. Thanks again

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
That is extremely helpful I appreciate that. I will take some pictures from underneath and post them on here asap. I havent had the rear differential checked but with the right photos maybe someone would be able to see what shape its in. Its got 135k miles on it, the engine i put in is from tri star engines in indiana, it should still have plenty of warranty left its only got about 1000 miles on it. Ill call them Monday and see what it is. Thanks again
No problem it’s ago do looking Jeep don’t short sell yourself to get out of it. Go to funjeeps.com Andy look at the prices to hey guys etc first or their TJ’s and one other thing the TJ’s have rear Limited slip differentials. Anything after 2006 on the Wrangler’s come with an open differential unless you specifically order it with it or bought a Rubicon etc....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are a few pictures of the bottom and the the hardtop I just put back on.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
That is a really good looking Jeep and if it runs like you say and now you have both tops I wouldn’t go any lower than 13,500-13,750. Your choice of course and if I was buying it I’d chew you down to 9,000, Lol. Trust me when I tell you everyone that knows Jeep’s are coming back to the 97-06 TJ’s there are tons of parts for them and are easily worked on. I would honestly keep it myself after the work as I know the time and effort spent after building and selling 3 of my own TJ’s and my 04 WJ GC, which I just couldn’t let go.
The transfer cases are pretty much bullet proof, the tranny’s run 250k generally without issue and the 4.0’s are proven to give that much and more. It’s also a Sahara which adds value over the Sport or X Models. Good luck with it and if your in no kind of bind money wise let the sale come to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts