Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
Check fuse box, and check the instrument cluster behind dash make sure there’s no corrosion on the contacts points

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
Check your (thick black one) ground wire in the door cluster boot from the fender to the door jamb check all all four door boots. The ground wire’s tend to get stiff with age and start cracking along with other wires and cause havoc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your (thick black one) ground wire in the door cluster boot from the fender to the door jamb check all all four door boots. The ground wire’s tend to get stiff with age and start cracking along with other wires and cause havoc.
Ok thanks I will give that a shot tomorrow

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
Checked all grounds in door boots all seem fine
By self test do you mean coding up with the key and ignition? If so, that won’t find a bad ground wire. You need to check kick panel fuse also and in the main block in engine bay. Also check the ground for 302 airbag fuse. And start the Jeep and wiggle the ground wires in the door boots see if you can’t any changes in dash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By self test do you mean coding up with the key and ignition? If so, that won’t find a bad ground wire. You need to check kick panel fuse also and in the main block in engine bay. Also check the ground for 302 airbag fuse. And start the Jeep and wiggle the ground wires in the door boots see if you can’t any changes in dash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I was shaking all 4 sets of wires when I checked.my airbag light is on I will check that next.And by self test I hold down the odometer tripped reset and turn the ignition on and all the gauges go up and back down

·
Registered
2014 Limited
233 Posts
Do you know how to code it up? See if it gives any any codes by rotating the key to on 3 times in succession. Make sure you don’t start it just click it to on and rotate back all the way to off, back on, back off, back to on and leave it there it that position and see of you get any codes on the odometer. If the airbag light is on click the seat belt in and see what you get.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know how to code it up? See if it gives any any codes by rotating the key to on 3 times in succession. Make sure you don’t start it just click it to on and rotate back all the way to off, back on, back off, back to on and leave it there it that position and see of you get any codes on the odometer. If the airbag light is on click the seat belt in and see what you get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts