Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep starts trying to die if it idles for about 15 minutes the only I have gotten is for a evaporative emissions leak and and one for a fuel mixture I replaced fuel tank fuel pump and the thermostat any suggestions

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hasn't thrown any codes since I changed all of this but it only starts acting up at an idle it was doin it while driving but I changed the spark plugs and that cleared up. Now it's just when it idles. I've changed the fuel pump twice the first time the o ring broke and started dumping fuel the second time it started acting like it was sucking air at about a 1/4 of a tank and found a lot of trash in the tank and found that all inserts in the tank were busted so I got a new tank. Then it threw the fuel mixture code I researched and everybody kept saying to change the thermostat. Cuz if it didn't run hot enough it would mess with the air fuel mixture. Good thing because the thermostat was about to come apart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I haven't changed that yet but like you said fuel pressure problem would cause problems more than just when it's idling. It doesn't really have any hesitation in throttle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I changed the filter/ pressure regulator didn't help but I noticed after I changed it when I had my hands on the fuel lines you can feel the fuel passing through it then it would stop for a little bit then go back to flowing like the fuel pump keeps going off and on

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I changed the fuel filter and it kept dying when it was idling. If you held the fuel lines there it felt like the fuel kept shutting off and coming back on and you can kinda hear a sucking sound right around where your talking about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.