Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no clue what to do next. I am usually good at mechanical stuff but this beats me. None (4) of my key fobs will
lock/unlock my 2005 Grand Cherokee.

Any ideas? solutions? will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been there. Done that.
#1. How did you get 4 key fobs?
#2. Define "not work". Do the physical keys open the door and start the engine?

After that have you tried simple disconnect battery for 10 minutes reset?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there. Done that.
#1. How did you get 4 key fobs?
#2. Define "not work". Do the physical keys open the door and start the engine?

After that have you tried simple disconnect battery for 10 minutes reset?
Thanks for replying..

When I bought the '06 about 5 years ago, one of the key fobs was intermittent, so I was able to buy two more at a reasonable price and programmed them.
By "not working" They will not lock or unlock the doors. I have to use the key itself which sets off the alarm every time I enter. The keys will start the engine and work fine. I did disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes and no change.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting! Assume the power door locks work from the manual switch on driver door. That makes it a likely module problem receiving FOB signal, or translation. Do you have a scan tool? Any codes? There is an affordable program "Appcar DiagFCA" that sorts out error codes and let's you program the keys.
But, my first hunch would have been that 30 minute reset.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just checked the service manual. If it is in the WCM - Sentry Key Remote Entry Module and its companions, error codes would narrow the probable issues. I am literally disassembling and cleaning the fuse boxes under the hood because of electronic gremlins common to WK and other Chrysler electronics. So feel your pain! Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting! Assume the power door locks work from the manual switch on driver door. That makes it a likely module problem receiving FOB signal, or translation. Do you have a scan tool? Any codes? There is an affordable program "Appcar DiagFCA" that sorts out error codes and let's you program the keys.
But, my first hunch would have been that 30 minute reset.
Scan tool shows no stored codes or pending codes. Disconnected the battery... will see in 30 mins or more if that has any effect.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts