Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 jeep compass and the last few days the lock keeps going off which also causes the lights to flash and the horn to blow, i changed the batteries in the key fobs and i tried unhooking the battery. I also tried using the key in the lock and even tried pulling the fuse for the horn. finally today i just unhooked the horn. Has this ever happened to anyone? What else could i try

·
Registered
2012 GC Laredo
37 Posts
I would guess that either your battery is dying, you have a short in the wiring loom leading to/from your PICM, or your PICM is dying.

First thing would be to check for corrosion on the battery terminals. Even with a good battery, I've had corrosion cause some really funky problems. Pull the terminals, scrub them with a terminal cleaner, add some dielectric grease, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2012 GC Laredo
37 Posts
I would guess that either your battery is dying, you have a short in the wiring loom leading to/from your PICM, or your PICM is dying.

First thing would be to check for corrosion on the battery terminals. Even with a good battery, I've had corrosion cause some really funky problems. Pull the terminals, scrub them with a terminal cleaner, add some dielectric grease, and see if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts