Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm the owner of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee with about 98K miles on it. I popped the hood on it today and noticed that I have what I think is a broken ground wire (photos included here). Can someone please tell me which issues this can cause?

I've actually been having a problem with my Jeep randomly misfiring a lot on me and my mechanic hasn't been able to get to the bottom of it. Could this broken wire be causing it? Can it lead to other problems? Any explanations/advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Yup, there is your issue. Grounding is critical, ignition can/will stumble when grounding is poor. The Apexi super voltage regulator I have has an array of ground wires connected to alternator, intake, chassis, etc... this noticably smoothens and quiets the hemi, which has a more exotic sound than stock when revved..

Reactions: JerseyJeep

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, there is your issue. Grounding is critical, ignition can/will stumble when grounding is poor. The Apexi super voltage regulator I have has an array of ground wires connected to alternator, intake, chassis, etc... this noticably smoothens and quiets the hemi, which has a more exotic sound than stock when revved..
Thanks so much! I appreciate your response.

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanks so much! I appreciate your response.
Did you get a new cable and re-wire the whole thing? That same exact grounding location is missing the ground cable entirely for me, but I have no clue where the other end goes to for when I put a new one in. Been having some electrical transmission problems that haven’t been solved by my mechanic and hoping it’s just this.

· Registered
1 Posts
Did you get a new cable and re-wire the whole thing? That same exact grounding location is missing the ground cable entirely for me, but I have no clue where the other end goes to for when I put a new one in. Been having some electrical transmission problems that haven’t been solved by my mechanic and hoping it’s just this.
I have the same problem..Im doing a big 3 upgrade and while I was trying to find the main engine to chassis ground I noticed this was broken. It connects so far back behind the block it's gonna be hard af to connect another one. Why is it so hard to find information on where these grounds are? I've been looking for hours and keep finding info on old jeep cherokees, wranglers, and wk2 cherokees. Has anyone personally done a big 3 on a 2008 grand cherokee 3.7? Any info would be appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts