Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last month or so I have been noticing some distinct hesitation/ shuddering while accelerating under light to moderate throttle. It has gradually gotten worse to the point where you can feel the jeep slightly shaking during these hesitations. For the first time yesterday I had a CEL and Electronic Throttle Control light come on. I pulled over, shut off the vehical, restarted and the Electronic Throttle Control light was gone immediately and the CEL went out after I had stopped and shut the jeep down while fueling up later that evening. The Jeep still has the same shuddering under acceleration but no lights are currently on the dash (who knows when they will light back up).

Any Ideas what this could be? Ive read a wide variety of opinions on different forums, but have been leaning towards the EGR being gummed up? Also any opinions on fixes? Would I be able to get rid of this with an ECU Tune?

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So for the last month or so I have been noticing some distinct hesitation/ shuddering while accelerating under light to moderate throttle. It has gradually gotten worse to the point where you can feel the jeep slightly shaking during these hesitations. For the first time yesterday I had a CEL and Electronic Throttle Control light come on. I pulled over, shut off the vehical, restarted and the Electronic Throttle Control light was gone immediately and the CEL went out after I had stopped and shut the jeep down while fueling up later that evening. The Jeep still has the same shuddering under acceleration but no lights are currently on the dash (who knows when they will light back up).

Any Ideas what this could be? Ive read a wide variety of opinions on different forums, but have been leaning towards the EGR being gummed up? Also any opinions on fixes? Would I be able to get rid of this with an ECU Tune?

A tune will not fix that problem, I know. We have a tune in our 08GC. EGR valve, interesting. Our ECM adjustment does turn off the EGR electrically.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does it start well in the cold weather? Ours does not start when it is outside in the winter. All the rest of your symptoms are the same as ours.

·
Registered
1 Posts

So let me go back a bit, I have a 2007 3.0 CRD WK with 110k miles. Last week it would go to limp mode and finally got the warning light. Took it to my mechanic and it turned out that the actuator inside the turbo was bad. This is a fairly inexpensive part that can be replaced by yourself. However I choose to put a new Garrett Turbo in with new gaskets and seals. If you replace the turbo clean your EGR as well. For myself I actually went and had my jeep hooked up to a carbon cleaning machine and my mechanic was impressed with how clean the EGR was. His words were no build up and looked like it was put in a month ago.

I have a 2007 3.0 CRD with 110,009 miles. Same issue. It's the Turbo actuator, replace this and make sure your EGR is clean and good to go. I ended up choosing to put a new Garrett Turbo in as well as flash my CPU. Runs beautifully she is my baby and plan to keep her for another 200k at least. Hope it helps. Also you can find the needed actuator online for under a 100 and DIY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts