Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts catalog reads "Marked with SRT Logo" or "Marked with SRT and Alcoa Forged Logos". Unfortunately, the VIN does not identify which one I have. Since I do not see an "Alcoa" on my rim... I am thinking I have the non-Alcoa. So... To be sure... Anyone have a picture of an "Alcoa" rim?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Alcoa logo will be on the inside of the rim, probably in the hub. It should look the same and be functionally the same as the non Alcoa rims, it’s just that some suppliers (Alcoa in this case) like to brand the product they supply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Alcoa logo will be on the inside of the rim, probably in the hub. It should look the same and be functionally the same as the non Alcoa rims, it’s just that some suppliers (Alcoa in this case) like to brand the product they supply.
Is is visible without removing the wheel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is is visible without removing the wheel?

Often not, I’m not familiar with your particular rims as I have a WJ but on mine and the few WH and WK rims I’ve looked at the stampings are on either the inside surface of the spokes or hub (the surface that mates up to the drive hub near the wheel studs). Sometimes you can see them by getting under the car and looking at the inner surface with a torch. If you look at the part numbers you will see that they are the same except for the last 2 letters, they are either AA or AB, this suggests the parts are interchangeable with the AB being the newer batch.

·
Registered
SRT8
139 Posts
The “Alcoa Forged db” stamp is on the dish, in between the spokes. No need to remove wheel to see. My SRT was a 2010. The non stamped were the early models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts