Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

i just purchased a 2008 WK diesel. Car looked to be in amazing condition with alot of service records. On my drive home after purchase all the lights came on and i started losing power. I figured it was the alternator going so i went to the mechanic to get it changed. Once my mechanic took out the engine cover he found the card was leaking oil on the passenger side of the engine and oil was leaking into the alternator. Has anyone experienced any issue like this? if so can you provide some insight as to what the issue may be? also after some heavy rain i noticed some water dropping the right side pillar connected to the windshield. Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee WK
5 Posts
Hello! Fellow CRD owner here however I'm much more active on jeep forum.com. This reminds me of a thread I read through a long time ago. Hope this helps save your Jeep!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee WK
5 Posts
Also the water dripping thing; is it dripping from the A-piller's screw cover? Do you have a sunroof?

The sunroof has water drainage tubing that can get clogged (or frozen). You'll have to remove the pillar cover and your ceiling trim (just near the windshield) possibly on both passenger and driver sides. After you can see it, it's a simple fix however I hate dealing with trim pieces sooo I haven't even fixed mine yet, she continues to drip on occasion lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts