Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the manual heater control, but would like to upgrade to the dual climate control. I really don't care about the dual function, I just want to be able to set the temp to 70° and leave it. Is it possible to do a plug and play switch with the head unit that I see is in some Grand Cherokees?

I have this... I want this...
Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Public address system Audio equipment
Audio equipment Auto part Font Rectangle Circle

Can I do it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to the local junkyard, and lucked out by finding both what I have and what I want. One will fit the others space in the center console, which is good. Unfortunately, they aren't interchangeable as the wiring harness is different for each controller. The manual has 3 plug-ins, the auto has only two. Oh well...

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My take on this is the auto climate control temp. setting is way over rated and probably a waste of fuel as it occasionally turns on the AC to keep the temp. set point.
I have mine turned of permanently.
My old Jeep XJ and my F150 don't have auto climate control and i'm happy they don't.

I'd forget about the trouble and expense of retro fitting it even if its possible.
IMHO just drive your 2010 Jeep as it was designed from the factory and when the time comes trade it in for one that has auto climate control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts