Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this used in November. Month ago got engine light. Got it coded cylinder misfire. Took to Belle Tire for engine tune-up. $1000. It worked 1 day. Light came back on with mild shuddering and temp gauge moving towards hot when in idle. Took it back. They blew out the carbon and told me if engine light comes back on I'm going to have to take it to dealership. It came back on. Jeep says it could be blown gasket head, they'll check get back to me. They got back to me saying it's a warped cylinder and that I need a new radiator and water pump and a new cylinder = $5014.00 worth. It never overheated while I have had it and the minute I notice temp gauge I got it in for checking. Belle tire had put in a new thermostat and fluid. Help? What should I do. It cost me $7000 to buy and now it needs $5k and I don't know why?

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
334 Posts
Since you just bought this in November, I'd be wondering if it got overheated under previous ownership, and the seller did enough repairs to sell it, and now you're paying the price for other damage that wasn't repaired. Did you buy this from a big dealer, or private party, or a small private dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An ex-cop living in my brother's neighborhood. It was in such good condition he thought it would be a good car for me. Got it for $7000 cash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts