Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question to you WK experts. I have been looking for a '10 S Limited for a while now, and they seem to be pretty rare. I have come across a few recently that have different rims (Jeep OEM) than what the S package came with. Was it possible to get the chrome rims in addition to the S package? Here is one of the vehicles that I am looking at, again it is an S Limited but it clearly doesn't have the S Limited rims...

Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited For Sale in Traverse City, MI | SUV - 1J4RR5GT0AC149786

Just trying to make sure its not an accident victim, and they just threw any rims on it after the rebuild.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to close the loop here, I got the autocheck on the vehicle and it shows it was a a moderate front end collision. So maybe the rims were switched during the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
My guess is that someone sold the limited s wheels and added those standard overland wheels. The s wheels were desirable for some.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
28 Posts
I bought an 09 s limited and came with those wheels it also came with a trail rated emblem I think when you get the arrow wheels you loose the trail rating. And you are right these jeeps are rare and hard to find.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ever think about getting a Limited and adding SRT seats? I don't really see any usable features the S Limited has that can't be remedied with a little customization.
I would rather buy the vehicle complete. This is a daily driver and tow vehicle for me, not a project or hobby. I have my Evo for that, :lol:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Just to close the loop here, I got the autocheck on the vehicle and it shows it was a a moderate front end collision. So maybe the rims were switched during the rebuild.
yup, those rims do not look anything like the 18" rims on my S-Limited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My S Limited OEM rims are the same as the pictures on wkjeeps.com. I haven't seen any S limited with those rims in the US. I also would think they switched rims for some reason.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
28 Posts
Must be a US -Canada thing, all the s limited here have those wheels.

·
Registered
705 Posts
First off, S-Limited was only sold in the US in 2010, so yes they are rare. Mine was also delivered new with those chrome-clad wheels as an "upgrade" which I was not happy with. I asked the dealer to either find the S- wheels and replace them or give me a credit towards some others; hence my Viper reps.

Sent from myPhone using TapaTalk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.