Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! Figured I'd come here cause I'm sure someone's got some advice..So I've got a 2011 GC 5.7 with the shit old-school trans (wish I had the 8 spd)...I know this Jeep isn't made to go fast, it's a tank. But are there any performance upgrades regarding 85mm, tune or really anything that will make a difference? Im really considering getting a 85mm TB but heard it's pointless unless I tune it. I've got a CAI but that's nothing but extra Noise. Help a brother out please!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The stock 5.7 is pretty slow indeed, and much of that is the trans tune. Fortunately, that can be remedied with the proper add ons. First thing is put the stock intake back on with a new filter, and make sure all maintenance items are up to date, before doing any upgrades. CAI are a total waste of money, and actually make it run worse, not just loud.
IF higher mileage, like 120k or so, replace the egr, MAP sensor, O2 sensors, etc.... Your TB is likely all gunked up, unless you cleaned it and installed a catch can. A clean TB makes a huge difference.
First and best 5.7 upgrade is a catch can, which keeps the TB and intake mani clean. An 85mm CNC taper bore TB is what you want, not a straight through 85mm, as you lose low end torque and tip in response.
A cmr tune is the best bang for the buck, and wakes up the hemi, while tuning the 5 speed to operate the way it should have from the factory. With these mods and the Apexi super voltage reg., mine runs mid 5's 0-60 with 170k on the clock.

Reactions: IDoMy0wnRacing
1 - 2 of 2 Posts