Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Where's the dip-stick!?
For the new 2011 models they have moved it to the interior, at the bottom right of the center stack:

Focus group studies revealed that owners felt the long standing under-hood location was inconvenient, especially in inclement weather. The idea to locate it in the cabin was received very positively. For example, while traveling, a driver could pull over at a rest stop, have a cup of coffee, and then conveniently check the oil before heading back out on the highway, without having to get out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
For the new 2011 models they have moved it to the interior, at the bottom right of the center stack:

Focus group studies revealed that mechanically-inept wussies felt the long standing under-hood location was inconvenient, especially in inclement weather. The idea to locate it in the cabin was not well thought out, but received very positively. For example, while traveling, a driver could pull over at a rest stop, have a cup of coffee, and then conveniently check the oil, dripping it all over the interior before heading back out on the highway, without having to get out of the vehicle.
Fixed it for you, since that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,690 Posts

Focus group studies revealed that owners felt the long standing under-hood location was inconvenient, especially in inclement weather. The idea to locate it in the cabin was received very positively. For example, while traveling, a driver could pull over at a rest stop, have a cup of coffee, and then conveniently check the oil before heading back out on the highway, without having to get out of the vehicle.
hehehehehehehehehehehehe

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
classic Milous......LOL

·
Jeep Garage's hunky Australian co-founder
9,365 Posts
Absolute classic! :)

And best of all, I don't think Matt realised it was a joke :D

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
neitheer did Nate.....LOLOLOLOLOL

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
it'll come around sooner or later.....

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I see some sort of tuning for almost every modern Jeep......

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I see some sort of tuning for almost every modern Jeep......
Piggybacks are a bandaid
Superchips/Hypertech= canned tunes
Diablo= limited support
SCT= limited support
Most standalones are too expensive to consider into the equation
B&G= stands for "Bet & Guess"

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
LOL.....ok dude

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
you are funny....always looking for an argument. I recommend you read the vendor rules again.......

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
agreed

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I see plenty of opportunities to tune Jeeps......the ones you mentioned...and i think dave at B&G is an awesome guy and tuner. Superchips, Diablo, SCT...all seem to have happy customers and Jeeps flying down the streets and tracks.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I see plenty of opportunities to tune Jeeps......the ones you mentioned...and i think dave at B&G is an awesome guy and tuner. Superchips, Diablo, SCT...all seem to have happy customers and Jeeps flying down the streets and tracks.
This is just my opinion but I respectfully disagree regarding Dave. Chalk it up to several buds of mine having less than pleasant experiences with him. Granted these were all JTEC....when it comes to NGC tuning he is the only game in tone for those that need custom tuning that Diablo/SCT doesn't cover. There are some that are very happy with him, and thats cool...

The fact of the matter is that there unfortunately all of these tuning interfaces have their shortcomings/limitations. SCT has left me with a fried PCM in one case, a issue with CL/OL transition, etc...Its resultant of the aftermarket having to hack/reverse engineer the PCM. Its one of the major reasons why I'll be going the GM route with my next vehicle.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts