Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude and when I connect my phone to the front USB port, the Uconnect doesn't recognize that it's plugged in, even though it charges the phone. (If it matters my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+)

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
123 Posts
On our 2019 truck you can select the media input...perhaps that is not set right?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Actually, I figured it out. Then proceeded to forget I posted this. I tried using a USB flash drive and it worked.
Makes sense and thanks for the update.

To keep it simple, a USB (Universal Serial Bus) thumb drive basically has data, power and ground pins.
When a thumb drive is plugged into a USB port the head unit tries to communicate or 'hand shake' with it via the data pins.
If there's a successful communication hand shake with the thumb drive it will recognize it a legit active and working thumb drive then display that information on the screen.

On the other hand a cell phone or other device that can be charged by a USB port has as a minimum has only active power and ground pins needed to charge the cell phone's battery.
The data pins if even present in the USB connector are inactive.
So no successful hand shake and no displaying that info on the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts