Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info, I've got a 2011 Jeep GC Overland. The option to disengage the easy exit/ entry was not available until 2014. I'm looking to disengage the front end from lowering to the ground each evening allowing you to enter the vehicle in the am easily. Ive heard of pulling a fuse but not sure if that will work seeing as the Jeep aerodynamically changes height once it reaches 60 mph. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,226 Posts
If your JGC is lowering to the ground overnight, that is NOT a feature...it's a leak or other malfunction of the QL system. You need to have your Jeep dealer service team do some troubleshooting to determine what the issue is and get it corrected. Please be aware that this could be an expensive fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what we originally thought, but it has a new air suspension system in it, the Jeep dealership put it in. The old suspension system did it too. The models from 2014 and newer have the option using UConnect but 2011 to 2013 do not. That's a flaw with the start up of the Overland.

·
Registered
GC Overland
162 Posts
My 2014 Overland w/Quadra Lift has the option for easy entry/exit. I have it off but since new, mine will lower slightly a minute or two after parking it. It functions normally while driving though I would love to disable "aero mode" since I doubt it has a significant effect on gas mileage and my typical suburban drive includes speeds between 35-65 mph so aero goes on and off which in my opinion is just causing unnecessary wear on the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had i known the years 11-13 didn't have the option to shut it off I wouldn't have bought it. I love everything about it except that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what i can tell going bk to Jeep designs on the Overland, 11-13 had this flaw. Maybe it was in fact 11 & 12 and they learned what the flaw was early on, only then did they allow the option in UConnect to turn it off and on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts