Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Jeep GC Limited 4 x 4 that really never sees off road. I'm looking for some advice regarding replacement street tires 265x60Rx18
Currently she has Michelin Latitude tires that seem to run great and have over 40K on them but now the tire store has given me options.

Michelin Defender LTX $192.00 each 70,000 mile warranty

BF Goodrich Advantage Sport LT $160.00 each 65,000 mile warranty

Tiger Paw Touring AS $143.00 each 65,000 mile warranty

We do a lot of highway driving to Orlando and back so a smooth ride and a tire that balances well is important.

Your opinions on this forum are highly regarded and I would like to make a choice in the next week or so. What is your opinion on these tires?
Thank you,
Larry

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,450 Posts
It's hard to go wrong with Michelin's and lots of people on here use the Defender. If you like to experiment and have the time and the tire shop would be willing to let you try the non-Michelin's for a few days or a week you could try them and if you don't like them switch to the Michelin. Another thing you might do it go on discountire.com and tirerack.com and look at the reviews for all those tires and see what people have said about them. I've ruled out several potential tire choices that way. My most recent tires on my beater car were the cheapest ones Discount tire had, almost half the price of what I would normally buy. The reviews were good so I tried them and they seem every bit as good as far as ride handling and noise as the worn out better brand tires they replaced. I do not expect they will get as many miles but that's ok on the beater... the tires might outlast the car ...

All that said, when the Michelin on my Jeep wear out the odds are VERY high I'll just get Michelin's again since it's my main good vehicle for any long trip or adventure and I don't want to have issues.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
There are dozens of threads here on that topic.

My personal choice is the Defenders, hands-down.

·
Registered
JGC
124 Posts
Go with the Defenders. Check Costco vs. your tire store for the best deal. Also, Michelin runs rebates periodically. Check to see if they have one currently or wait for the next one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of Michelin Defender LTX. They ride well and handle great on wet roads. I've blasted thru 6-8 inches of snow as well no problem. I buy my tires at Costco, they have been great on warranty and road hazard replacements. Until the end of the month they are on sale as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts