Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for any TSB released for the 2011+ Jeep Grand Cherokee. Please keep the chatter to a minimum in this thread. You are more than welcome to start a discussion thread for each TSB released.

Thanks to Milous and www.wk2jeeps.com for the outstanding info!

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
2014 Overland
1,274 Posts
Re: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSB's(technical service bulletins)

thanks for this, i calling the dealer tomorrow am.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

then...if it comes out before the vehicle hits the dealer...then the dealer is obligaated to updaate it before delivery i believe

·
Registered
188 Posts

then...if it comes out before the vehicle hits the dealer...then the dealer is obligaated to updaate it before delivery i believe
I'm not sure that's true. TSBs are usually only handled when customers complain about the problem. For instance, there was a TSB for my truck, the fix for which was to replace the 3-leaf leaf spring packs with stiffer 4-leaf packs, replace all the oem shocks with better bilstein ones, and to perform a four wheel alignment. After that TSB came out, new trucks did not include the fix and dealers sure weren't performing it. The fix would only be performed if you could prove to the dealer that the truck could not handle the posted payload capacity and that it had a "rough ride when loaded." That's a different company than Chrysler, I know, but I don't think any car company is obligated to perform TSBs. Now if Chrysler wants to be sure to take care of them before the cars are delivered, then that would look great on them and I applaud them.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

this is what the Lexus dealer told me.....

also....I believe before Robert Palmer could take delivery of hi 2010 SRT...they had to do a TSB on the dash, airbag or something????

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts

...I believe before Robert Palmer could take delivery of hi 2010 SRT...they had to do a TSB on the dash, airbag or something????
I believe that was for Recall J33 "Instrument Panel Top Cover" which had an issue related to the passenger air bag.

The dealer site provides a notice for unperformed recalls and Rapid Response Transmittals when a vehicle VIN is brought up for service/warranty work. TSB's are not listed on the report as they are typically not "urgent" or safety related. There are dealers who will check for applicable TSB's before a vehicle is delivered to the customer. It's in their best interest as they get paid for fixing TSB issues while the vehicle is under warranty.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

sounds right

·
Banned
2014 Overland
1,274 Posts

pearson jeep in richmond updated my pcm to remove a rumble while accelerating this morning in my 2011 overland, since the update the truck has run fine with no issues. just fyi, thanks guys for the info on how to get it fixed, ps, they did the work for free.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts

dubwarren, is the rumble entirely gone? although better, mine seems to persist in auto mode from time to time, sometimes still quite noticeable at WOT. i too had the update.
thanks!

·
Banned
2014 Overland
1,274 Posts

dubwarren, is the rumble entirely gone? although better, mine seems to persist in auto mode from time to time, sometimes still quite noticeable at WOT. i too had the update.
thanks!
very slight rumble persists. Didnt notice until this morning. Have you tried sport mode? Im going to switch to sport mode on my next drive to see. It only seems to happen during hard driving for me or while going around a sharp curve. It seems like the update made a difference though. i can give better feedback after a few days i think.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts

very slight rumble persists. Didnt notice until this morning. Have you tried sport mode? Im going to switch to sport mode on my next drive to see. It only seems to happen during hard driving for me or while going around a sharp curve. It seems like the update made a difference though. i can give better feedback after a few days i think.
EXACTLY! hard driving or exiting a curve for me too. as far as i can tell it will not happen in sport mode, i've been trying.
if it does, it is really really faint. the reprogram was an improvement, but not a complete fix. i'll live with it for a little while, but i hope there's a permanent, all-modes fix.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
39 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts