Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee with a 3.6l that will not start. The battery and starter are new but there is no power at the solenoid. The relay and fuse are good but the starter never even tries to crank. I am sure it is because there is never power on the starter solenoid but I don't know what else to check besides the fuse and relay that would stop the vehicle from sending power to the solenoid. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
82 Posts
I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee with a 3.6l that will not start. The battery and starter are new but there is no power at the solenoid. The relay and fuse are good but the starter never even tries to crank. I am sure it is because there is never power on the starter solenoid but I don't know what else to check besides the fuse and relay that would stop the vehicle from sending power to the solenoid. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
82 Posts
When you say relay checked has your vehicle had the external fuel pump relay fitted as per the mandatory recall around 3 years ago.IF a new relay not fitted it should have been as per worldwide safety recall.However if the external relay has been fitted next to the TIPM these new relays are proving faulty as well .Google Vertical Visions web site for plenty of info and options.. If the relay playing up you can get no crank at all plus a number of other start problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having a very similar issue with my 2011 5.7L Overland!!
I have had my fuel relay recall replaced! And since that happened the issues have just gotten so much worse!
Replaced the starter, and the spark plugs (more because they needed to be) and ended up only being able to actually turn my car over with the brand new starter solenoid engage wire bypassed!
No codes even though check engine light is on.

Anyone know what could be causing this? What else I can check?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Don't know what went on with that relay recall.
Can anyone here explain what the the exact problem was with the original relay or provide a detailed TSB that explains the root cause?
Then maybe someone else here or even myself can offer some guesses as to whats going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts