Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Does this happen to anyone else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Gold 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L HEMI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting home and parking in the garage taking my keys inside the house came back out into the garage and while I was out here the headlights flashed and the doors unlocked five different times intermittently in about 20 minutes anybody have a clue on why or what may be going on??

·
Registered
22 Posts
After getting home and parking in the garage taking my keys inside the house came back out into the garage and while I was out here the headlights flashed and the doors unlocked five different times intermittently in about 20 minutes anybody have a clue on why or what may be going on??
Only way is the jeep is getting a radio signal from some other remote in the vicinity, I have a 2011 too and the only problem is at times the horn alarm will go off for no reason . Thinking someone in the area has a remote with the same radio signal as your jeep .

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
118 Posts
One way to check if your remotes are triggering this is to put them in a metal box (cookie tin would work) or wrap them in aluminum foil and see if it goes away. Could be a stuck button on one of the remotes.

Reactions: 19GCTrailhawk

·
Registered
Gold 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L HEMI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys still trying to figure it out, the tinfoil didn’t seem to make a difference unfortunately. Whatever is causing it keeps draining my battery as well, at least I think they’re related

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
338 Posts
When was the last time you checked the health of your battery? The battery in the Jeep, not the remote. I can say from experience that with today's cars being very dependent on computer systems, low or erratic voltages from the battery / charging system can cause all kinds of weird stuff to happen. On my wife's Nissan, the speedometer all of a sudden started reading 3X the real value; was kind of fun going down the street with the speedo pegged on 140 mph! One of my neighbors had the right side sliding door on his Honda Odyssey start opening and closing randomly. In both instances, replacing the battery with a fresh one fixed the issue. If your battery is more than about 4 years old or so, this could be the source of your problem.

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts