Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 WK2 3.6L CIL light has been coming on with code P520. It is intermittent in that after I clear it with my scan tool it will not come on again until after a couple of weeks with many starting cycles. I know that this code is most associated with the oil pressure sensor, however it appears from looking at the pressure on EVIC that it seems to be working fine. If the engine is started from cold the pressure reads in the high 80s to low 90s until the engine warms up. After the engine reaches temp it reads in 20s to 30s at idle and goes up and down accordingly with what appears normal behavior given the rpm. It seems that the light only illuminates almost immediately after starting the engine and only after it has been sitting for some time (around an hour) after running. It has never illuminated from a cold start. I'm guessing it could also be the hi-lo pressure solenoid or the oil pump itself. Has anyone had these same symptoms and it not be the pressure sensor? I would like to have some more conviction as to whether the problem is the sensor before I take it to the dealer if possible. I understand that this will be in the $400 to $500 ballpark to replace the sensor since removing both intake and outtake manifolds are necessary to get at it, and if I do that and it turns out to be something else, it won't be a good day. Especially since all indications are that it is sensing the pressure correctly. Thanks for any insight.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts