Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WK2 3.6 5speed
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issue with my WK2 (RHD, Australian) driver side window: the power window only moves up or down two inches at a time, whether or not I hold the button, or press past the one-touch detent. I believe the window switch is not faulty.

the anti-pinch on this window does not work either, the motor would keep pushing against resistance to the point of stalling when an obstacle is placed when winding up.

I removed the window motor, which can be operated by the switch, but again only turns a few turns then stops.
The window regulator is not binding, as the motor does not seem having trouble moving it
I tested with a different Door Module ("DM-FR"), which made no difference, the relay clicks all the same, so I believe the Door Module is not faulty either.
there are no error messages or warning lights on the instrument panel

I'm having trouble figuring out the source of the problem: I can only think of Regulator -> motor -> Door Module -> window switch -> what else?

a video of my symptom is here:

any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,298 Posts
I'm having issue with my WK2 (RHD, Australian) driver side window: the power window only moves up or down two inches at a time, whether or not I hold the button, or press past the one-touch detent. I believe the window switch is not faulty.

the anti-pinch on this window does not work either, the motor would keep pushing against resistance to the point of stalling when an obstacle is placed when winding up.

I removed the window motor, which can be operated by the switch, but again only turns a few turns then stops.
The window regulator is not binding, as the motor does not seem having trouble moving it
I tested with a different Door Module ("DM-FR"), which made no difference, the relay clicks all the same, so I believe the Door Module is not faulty either.
there are no error messages or warning lights on the instrument panel

I'm having trouble figuring out the source of the problem: I can only think of Regulator -> motor -> Door Module -> window switch -> what else?

a video of my symptom is here:

any help is much appreciated
You said you removed the window motor, which to me means you have it disconnected from the rest of the mechanical window "stuff". And that even without load it only turned a few turns and stopped. Doesn't that suggest you need a new window motor? If you like taking doors apart and assuming the motors are all the same, pull the motor from the other working door and see if it works properly in the bad door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts