Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almose done with the mods, just need to install the Yakima Loadwarrior to hold the spare that no longer fits in the trunk storage.
Mods done:
-RRO superslider
-All available Mopar skid plates
-Sharkfin
-Tint front windows to match
-RRO brush bar combo
-RRO 2.5" lift with RRO upper control arms
-BWoody sway bars
-275/70/18 GY Silent Armor
-XD Monster +35 offset
-Plasti dip grill

Will probably plasti dip more chrome and add some lights to the front bar at somepoint but the major stuff is done. I am real happy with the way everything turned out!

Attachments

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too much actually, I was surprised. About 2" in front and .75" in rear. Just cell phone pics...

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey there! Great looking looking setup! I wanted to ask if you think the 275/70's on the stock limited 18's would fit. Im getting the 2.5 from rro and I am torn between the 275/65's and the 275/70's. Thinkin wrangler duratracs. Thanks for the input!!

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there! Great looking looking setup! I wanted to ask if you think the 275/70's on the stock limited 18's would fit. Im getting the 2.5 from rro and I am torn between the 275/65's and the 275/70's. Thinkin wrangler duratracs. Thanks for the input!!
Thanks! With the wheel turned to full lock there is minor rubbing on the felt up front. I am not sure without the right offset either size would work. I called Discount Tire who were able to tell me what offset I needed to run 275/70/18, so they might be able to tell you what's the largest size you can run on stock rims without spacers.

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, not too bad. The tire cover causes most of the noise as there are many rips. With the sunroof closed, you really cant hear much.

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is that first picture at? Go 4x4 much in the mountains?
That was from camping near Mt Huron, a 14er south of Leadville. I dont get out as much as I would like. A buddy and I did some 4x4 between Camp Hale and Vail Pass which definitely pushed the limits. Hope to get more in during mid-late fall.

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What tires did you settle on and were spacers needed?
GY Silent Armor, 275/70/18. The rims have a +35 offset, so no spacers needed. Gets snug in the front at full wheel lock but no rubbing. Plenty of space in the back.

· Registered
36 Posts
Almose done with the mods, just need to install the Yakima Loadwarrior to hold the spare that no longer fits in the trunk storage.
Mods done:
-RRO superslider
-All available Mopar skid plates
-Sharkfin
-Tint front windows to match
-RRO brush bar combo
-RRO 2.5" lift with RRO upper control arms
-BWoody sway bars
-275/70/18 GY Silent Armor
-XD Monster +35 offset
-Plasti dip grill

Will probably plasti dip more chrome and add some lights to the front bar at somepoint but the major stuff is done. I am real happy with the way everything turned out!
What do you think about the upper a arms and BWoody's sway bars? I plan on doing the RRO lift and was wondering if it would be worth it to do the a arms and sway bars at the same time. Thanks.

· Registered
WK2 Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What do you think about the upper a arms and BWoody's sway bars? I plan on doing the RRO lift and was wondering if it would be worth it to do the a arms and sway bars at the same time. Thanks.
Absolutely. You will not want to pull everything apart again at a later date to add the sway bars and control arms...assuming you are doing it yourself. The front driver side was a major PITA, I had to pop out the CV join to pull the shock and get the control arm in. I never want to have to do that again. If you do go with the Bwoody sway bars, I recommend puchasing case hardend bolts and dont use the ones the bars come with. First camping trip after the install I snapped one of the bolts and had to make a pit stop at Home Depot to replace.

· Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I will be doing it myself. I just wasn't sure about the a-arms because I haven't seen many people talk about installing them. I plan on installing both the a-arms and the extended links. Thanks for the tip on the bolts, definatley getting better ones. Thanks again. Take care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.