Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe that my dashboard which I paid a huge amount of money for in the Overland jeep grand Cherokee it is a 2013 and with the last year started to slowly wrinkle and pull away from the dashboard base obviously there is a problem I see a lot of other posts about the leather dashboard wrinkling and coming loose from the base of the dashboard this is unacceptable Jeep needs to recognize that this is obviously a defect and needs to fix it free of charge them and how many miles are on a vehicle I’ve owned over 40 cars in my lifetime and I chose to buy the upgraded overland with the beautiful leather interior and leather dashboard and this is what I get for paying extra money seriously? Contact me back keep
Sounds like this might be a class action lawsuit in the making

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,867 Posts
Contact Jeep Cares....
There was a recall on them......

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
2,116 Posts
Extended coverage on the dash has expired and there are basically no dashes available anywhere anyways. You're on your own unless Chrysler good wills it. I would have a Limited dash installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contact Jeep Cares....
Well my jeep was in the dealership from March 9 for approximately 31 days and I told him about the problem but it wasn’t written down on the work order this Schumacher jeep in Delray has gone through management at least 3 to 4 times trying to get this and other problems with my jeep grand Cherokee Overland fixed it’s in the dealership right now today for a fuel pump relay the car wouldn’t start and when I finally get it started I would leave it running wherever I want us to not get stuck which I have been stuck many times with this dashboard I never received an extended warranty notice from Chrysler I also pointed it out to the dealership when it was in on March 9 Of this year my dashboard is like a handsome man with no teeth this is unacceptable I pay a lot of money for this car and I am a multi Chrysler owner this may have to change if they don’t address my problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contact Jeep Cares....
I called them yesterday they said they would walk into work I don’t have much higher expectations it seems like jeep doesn’t care but I’m waiting to find out because I will be switching to either a Ford or a GMC if they don’t work things out for me no more Chrysler Dodge Jeep products oh I guess and that includes Fiat as well I really like my jeep grand Cherokee Overland but it looks god awful the dashboard is pulling up everywhere every time I get in the car I got a look at that not happy

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Well my jeep was in the dealership from March 9 for approximately 31 days and I told him about the problem but it wasn’t written down on the work order this Schumacher jeep in Delray has gone through management at least 3 to 4 times trying to get this and other problems with my jeep grand Cherokee Overland fixed it’s in the dealership right now today for a fuel pump relay the car wouldn’t start and when I finally get it started I would leave it running wherever I want us to not get stuck which I have been stuck many times with this dashboard I never received an extended warranty notice from Chrysler I also pointed it out to the dealership when it was in on March 9 Of this year my dashboard is like a handsome man with no teeth this is unacceptable I pay a lot of money for this car and I am a multi Chrysler owner this may have to change if they don’t address my problems
If you send us a message with your VIN, we are happy to look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue and like you said if this is a constant problem why just not make it a recall instead of having a certain date to get it fixed by. I reached out to JeepCares in hopes of getting this fixed and resolved because I as well have been a longtime Jeep client but now this is happening really puts them to shame!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am having the same issue and like you said if this is a constant problem why just not make it a recall instead of having a certain date to get it fixed by. I reached out to JeepCares in hopes of getting this fixed and resolved because I as well have been a longtime Jeep client but now this is happening really puts them to shame!
Welcome aboard. Read the thread for more information on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome aboard. Read the thread for more information on this.

I’ve called and read and expired june18th 2020 but it’s crazy cuz obviously not everyone’s is going peel off at the same time and now I’m stuck in that boat :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cannot believe that my dashboard which I paid a huge amount of money for in the Overland jeep grand Cherokee it is a 2013 and with the last year started to slowly wrinkle and pull away from the dashboard base obviously there is a problem I see a lot of other posts about the leather dashboard wrinkling and coming loose from the base of the dashboard this is unacceptable Jeep needs to recognize that this is obviously a defect and needs to fix it free of charge them and how many miles are on a vehicle I’ve owned over 40 cars in my lifetime and I chose to buy the upgraded overland with the beautiful leather interior and leather dashboard and this is what I get for paying extra money seriously? Contact me back keep
I have a 2014 WK2 that has started bubbling since summer 2019 and has progressively gotten worse!!!!!!! Since it first started bubbling i took it to jeep dealer in Fort Worth, TX, and they said warranty doesn't cover cosmetics!!! I feel like this is something jeep should fix!!!! I bought the SUMMIT cause of the "Luxury's" but now it looks like a cheap ass car...my damn defrost doesn't even defrost properly anymore because the vents popped off.. (sure wish they worked during the snow storms we had here). I cant even post Snapchats cause the dash looks so ugly!!!! I have to zoom in on the camera before i record so the dash won't show up.. I'm low key embarrassed for people to see me rolling in this crap!!! I regret not getting the base model without leather dash!!! Smh... my dash is by far the worse ive seen on these forums... jeep cars has got to do something about this..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jeep cares only helping some people! No me!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland is having the same issue. I never received notice of a Service Bulletin and even though I noted the look of my dash when at my dealership for oil changes, there was never a mention of a Service Bulletin. As many have stated, it is tough to spend all this money on a premium product and have such an issue. It almost seems as if the bulletin was a bit under the radar. Hopefully more of us can get a resolution and get this issue handled. If Jeep will not handle it, has anyone played around with trying to fix on their own? Looking at it, it seems as if you could cut along the seam, pull up the leather, apply 3M adhesive and lay it back down...anyone try? Thanks!
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a service bulletin for this #23-036-19 on Dec 18, 2019. Here is a link to the information. 23-036-19 Jeep Technical Service Bulletin. You must have visited a dealer during the time period or submitted your info to FCA group to qualify. If anything it tells you all the parts needed to be installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland is having the same issue. I never received notice of a Service Bulletin and even though I noted the look of my dash when at my dealership for oil changes, there was never a mention of a Service Bulletin. As many have stated, it is tough to spend all this money on a premium product and have such an issue. It almost seems as if the bulletin was a bit under the radar. Hopefully more of us can get a resolution and get this issue handled. If Jeep will not handle it, has anyone played around with trying to fix on their own? Looking at it, it seems as if you could cut along the seam, pull up the leather, apply 3M adhesive and lay it back down...anyone try? Thanks!
View attachment 237595 View attachment 237595 View attachment 237595
I’ve seen people injecting contact cement with a syringe and placing weights on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I am brand new to this forum. I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. The leather on my dashboard is bubbling and peeling and it looks like their is no recall/warranty for this. It’s a little frustrating because I have seen that others have the same exact issue. I am going to write to the FCA LLC CUSTOMER CARE about this issue. I went to a local upholstery shop and it’s a $3,000 job. I just hope that Jeep Cares will actually do something about this since many others have the same exact problem
Wondering if someone has any further advice on this . Thank You

1 - 20 of 20 Posts