Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals..

I wanted to say hello on here as I had really been reading up before my purchase and used to read a lot on the JKForum before this. I had bought a new 2013 JKU Sahara (White on Black) about 7 months ago thinking I would love the raw driving experience with top down etc, well for me it didn't work out that way. I didn't think about several things, like rear side curtain airbags and general safety on the highway for my kids when we go to our cottage every weekend, and just generally didn't like driving it much.

I decided to go german and drove the MB350, X5, Q7 and Cayenne, but holy moly they can add up when you put anything but power windows on them. Then I tried Japanese cars like Lexus and Infiniti.... all of these were great but boring to be honest. So I went in to the Jeep dealer to look at an JGC SRT just for giggles. This is where I learned about the 8 Speed Tranny and lots of tech that they had in the GC, and I took a loaded Overland hemi for a drive... well I drove it right home to my garage. I thought the SRT was too much to spend on a Jeep...but after 2 days with this V8 I regret not waiting to get one. I will likely do that next time they do a change to the model (MY16 I think right).

Anyway, wanted to say hello. I don't post much but do watch the forums and do a lot of searching. Thanks for the great site.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts