Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've tried to do a search on 2013 (or even 2012) map updates for Australia, but have come up fruitless.

Is anyone able to help (sox?) with where/how to get updated maps for my Jeep? as they're starting to get out of date, and is becoming quite frustrating.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
875 Posts
The current Australian maps are borderline useless, especially here in the West.

The good news is that new maps are almost ready to go, other than some technical glitch with Navteq and VIN numbers (or something similar). I would say that we should have them in a week or two.

If you haven't done before, phone Jeep Help line, tell them that the Nav system is hopeless and ask for a case number. That way you will be notified when they are available.

Reactions: pora10

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Swampy!

So you know how we go about getting the new maps? from dealer or direct from navteq?

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
875 Posts
They will have to be from the dealer only. There is evidently still an issue with VINnos so the maps haven't been released yet.

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
I saw an email yesterday where Jeep Aus are saying that the VIN issue has now been resolved. However, there is still no report of a 2013 map release.
Unfortunately, Jeep Aus have an agreement with Navteq where maps will only be released via delaers. This obviously means a price gouge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw an email yesterday where Jeep Aus are saying that the VIN issue has now been resolved. However, there is still no report of a 2013 map release.
Unfortunately, Jeep Aus have an agreement with Navteq where maps will only be released via delaers. This obviously means a price gouge.
I was told two weeks about 3 weeks ago, so I'm not holding my breath. I wont be handing over any cash for this upgrade.

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
Using the virtual JEEP AUST calender
1 Week .........= 1 week + Infinity
2 Weeks........ = 2 weeks + never
> 2 weeks..... = Try a different manufacturer

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Does this mean when we finally get our 2014 cars the maps in them will be useless /out of date??

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
Most probably.
Worthwhile asking the dealer the version of the maps.

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
875 Posts
Does this mean when we finally get our 2014 cars the maps in them will be useless /out of date??
No, you will be fine. The 14 has an upgraded Nav system that is the same as the new Chrysler 300C. When I checked those maps in the car, all worked fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Using the virtual JEEP AUST calender
1 Week .........= 1 week + Infinity
2 Weeks........ = 2 weeks + never
> 2 weeks..... = Try a different manufacturer
LOL!

I don't want to ring Jeep Customer Care as I do not want to be let down by their answer... Ill just wait until i get angry about something then let em have it... they should not have too long to wait.

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
I strongly recommend you do contact Jeep Customer Support, and ensure you obtain a CASE NUMBER from them.

I know of a owner who is about to take them to court in regard to the Routing issue, so the more people who lodge a complaint, the better chance they will have of forcing Jeep to act, rather than pretend no one else has an issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I strongly recommend you do contact Jeep Customer Support, and ensure you obtain a CASE NUMBER from them.

I know of a owner who is about to take them to court in regard to the Routing issue, so the more people who lodge a complaint, the better chance they will have of forcing Jeep to act, rather than pretend no one else has an issue.
Done. I'm a pretty patient sort of person, some people are ridiculous with there expectations, but put simply, this is bullshit. This issue has been an issue for over 12 months, really... It cannot be that f'ing hard.

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
Not released yet, but I know of one person who was given the new maps as a supposed fix for the routing issue. It made a significant improvement, but the routing still has issues.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Was speaking to dealer yesterday who did say the new 14's comimg im had to have the nav software update done before the cars shipped to the dealers
One would assume they have sorted it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts