Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My first post to the forum.

I find myself in the crazy car market (decided that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight so might as well jump in). I was considering new 3 row SUVs like the Kia Telluride, but so is everyone else and the markups are ridiculous.

I've instead turned my attention to the used car market and a vehicle that I've admired from afar for a while...the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Now that I think I've convinced my wife that our family of 4 can live with a 2 row SUV (our other cars are a 2013 Honda Pilot and a 1995 Mazda RX7 that is in the middle of a neverending single turbo build), I am trying to search the Grand Cherokees more.

I've come across a few 2013 SRTs in my Austin, TX area with <100k, and while that was not my original focus, I thought they might be interesting to check out (I think they are as fast as my RX7 was stock in theory at least which sounds fun!). But first, I wanted to ask this group if you think I should consider something newer if my goal is to use it for my daily driver and the occasional long family trip.

If I should consider something newer, I'd love to get some pointers on some common mods people do to bring out some extra performance on those rides. I'm probably leaning towards the V8s, but I'm so early in this process, that I have not driven anything yet.

Hope I wasn't rambling too much. I do plan to search the forum more, but I thought I'd throw this out in case anyone cared to comment. I'll probably start looking at some options this weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I had to make a reccomendation I would be inclined to speak from experience...with the srt yeah its cool and all but you are paying on average 15 to 20k more for the srt badge, body kit, and engine mods...I chose to go with the rare yet affordable, low key, and highly cost effective option and chose the 2014 wk2 limited with the 5.7L hemi engine option. It has yet to let my family and I down in any way has been a very fun and reliable vehicle. It is quick and powerful and gets the job done. And if you enjoy a little light modding here and there you have a world of options open available to you with this vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had to make a reccomendation I would be inclined to speak from experience...with the srt yeah its cool and all but you are paying on average 15 to 20k more for the srt badge, body kit, and engine mods...I chose to go with the rare yet affordable, low key, and highly cost effective option and chose the 2014 wk2 limited with the 5.7L hemi engine option. It has yet to let my family and I down in any way has been a very fun and reliable vehicle. It is quick and powerful and gets the job done. And if you enjoy a little light modding here and there you have a world of options open available to you with this vehicle.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are right in line with my train of thought...especially in this inflated market. I'm still learning what I could possibly do with the JGC, but I definitely don't mind getting a solid base for a relatively reasonable price and then building on it over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.