Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have seen couple of posts with issues with AC not working with the remote start, but I could not see any solutions yet. has anybody has this issue fixed? Im having the same problem on my 2014 summit. Thank you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same here...if I just get in an start the car ... It remembers setting ... Which I usually just leave on auto....with remote start... I get in and the auto is off .... Kind I defeats the purpose of remote start...I am seeing dealer on Wednesday ...I'll post whatever tale they spin.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here...if I just get in an start the car ... It remembers setting ... Which I usually just leave on auto....with remote start... I get in and the auto is off .... Kind I defeats the purpose of remote start...I am seeing dealer on Wednesday ...I'll post whatever tale they spin.
Please do thank you. This is driving me nuts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Should also work the same way if you leave the Defrost on so have the Dealer check that along with the A/C and Auto settings.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
326 Posts
I noticed on mine if I remote start the ac compressor does kick in but the fan inside the car barely blows or doesn't blow at all. As soon as I get in the car. It starts blowing on auto setting, even before I hit the start button. Figured that was just the way it worked. Do others cars work differently?

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
Hi, I have seen couple of posts with issues with AC not working with the remote start, but I could not see any solutions yet. has anybody has this issue fixed? Im having the same problem on my 2014 summit. Thank you.
Don't you think if somebody had a solution they would have posted it in the existing thread(s)? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
My AC has that stinch of wetness when it comes on with my 14 Summit, trying to find the cabin filter or drain plug to find out what's going on.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
My AC has that stinch of wetness when it comes on with my 14 Summit, trying to find the cabin filter or drain plug to find out what's going on.
In the mean time spray some Lysol in the air intake with the A/C on high and recirculate. A Ford dealer did that for me once on a new Explorer. Cleaned the stench right up and it never came back.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Hehehe ... just came home. Same observations. Used remote start and got into car ... guess what? Auto is disabled. Had to push Auto get the AC to move the air. Sux ... I hope this is just a bug but I'm subscribing to this thread, maybe somebody will find solution.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah... I'm definitely going when they open on Saturday morning....driving me nuts....would really suck if this was middle of winter.
I think it's worse during the summer, at least during the winter the engine will be warm and as soon as the ac starts working you have hot air blowing! Now it does't really make any difference during the summer!

·
Registered
139 Posts
My ac sucks. My 08 Nissan Altima blew way colder than this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a problem on my 2012. There may have been a TSB on it, but I don't know. Heat works fine on remote start, but in the summer it just blew hot air until I hit the start button

·
Registered
'14 KL Trailhawk
62 Posts
This has been an issue with all WK2s. I tried bringing my 2013 in for the same complaint, techs said it couldn't be replicated and no issue found. I hope Jeep gets it together with this, because it was mildly infuriating for me over the summer.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer has my GC2014 in for paint defect and molding issues. I asked them to look at the remote AC issue as well. Ill report back next week. I wonder if I bought too early.

1 - 20 of 541 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.