·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TSB NUMBER: 21-026-14
GROUP: Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: August 27, 2014
SUBJECT: Flash: Transmission Shift Enhancements
OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves flash reprogramming of the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with new software.
MODELS: 2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 01, 2014, equipped with the 3.0L engine (Sales Code EXF) and the 8HP70 Automatic Transmission (Sales Codes DFD).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
(note: ** changes from prior TSB flash **)

· ** 3-2, 2-1 Shift bump on deceleration. **
· ** Shift quality during hard acceleration. **
· ** Excessive shifts during cruise control operation. **
· ** Intermittent delay shift condition. **
· ** Engine braking improvements during downhill descent. **
· ** Manual gear selection improvements at higher altitudes. **
· ** Drivability improvements in 4 low. **
· ** Hesitation improvements. **
· Inconsistent and/or harsh 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 upshifts at moderate throttle.
· Inconsistent and/or harsh lift-foot upshifts.
· Inconsistent and/or harsh coasting 3-2, 2-1 downshifts in Hi or Lo range.
· Ratio fault detection during 1-2 upshift or 8-7 downshift.
· Grade hunting (repeated shifting while ascending a grade).
· 8-7-8 shift busyness when approaching max vehicle speed.
· Undesired gear selection at high altitude.
· Undesired gear selection when driving downhill (not enough powertrain braking).
· Time to exit TIP (manual/paddle shift mode) takes too long.
· Unintended downshifts driving at certain speeds.
· 4-3 coasting downshift may cause excessive engine noise during engine braking.
· Shift hanging when vehicle is started cold.
· Undesired shift toggling in Manual/Paddle Shift mode.
· Lo range selec-speed control 1-2 shift busyness.

Download PDF at: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011-2016 Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls

--Milous

·
Registered
SRT8 ,HD,WRX,
765 Posts
Thanks Milos going to go to the service manager tomorrow ,cheers mate

iPad @ JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
It's the very top one under New.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Thanks Milos going to go to the service manager tomorrow ,cheers mate

iPad @ JeepGarage
Re-read it Max, its for the 3.0lt V6, not our SRT's (although there was one for that months ago?)

·
Registered
SRT8 ,HD,WRX,
765 Posts
How's your tranny DCRSRT ? .. I had the last update and mine is still bad also have complained to the service manager . My last resort is to try the battery disconnect procedure or pull out the fuse and try that .

iPad @ JeepGarage

·
Registered
2014 WK2 3.0 4x4
172 Posts
damnit, I was just at the dealership yesterday asking about this exact problem and they said it's 'normal'. back to the dealer I go. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
624 Posts
The big question is whether AUS dealers have the software and know-how to perform the update? My personal experience is they say "it's normal" for issues they simply don't know.

Mmc

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
How's your tranny DCRSRT ? .. I had the last update and mine is still bad also have complained to the service manager . My last resort is to try the battery disconnect procedure or pull out the fuse and try that .

iPad @ JeepGarage
Mine's fine, has the occasional clunk, but so did my 6spd in my Territory (both made by ZF). Considering how rare it is for me I haven't bothered to get the update, but my first service is due soon so will get it done anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
So this is for the diesel. I thought it was the 3.6L models that were suffering from all the tranny woes? Are they all fixed?

·
Premium Member
anything with wheels
1,852 Posts
· Inconsistent and/or harsh lift-foot upshifts.
This is the tell-tale symptom that I saw when I first got "fish bites"... Aka "shudder" on upshifts especially during warmup.

Sounds like this may be THE FIX. Next they need to address the DEF/SCR issue that gives a P20EE code.

·
Premium Member
anything with wheels
1,852 Posts
Since I'm sitting in the dealer service shop with my ride in a bay, I requested the new TSB. We'll see if it changes anything on the way home....if I get to drive it home.

·
Premium Member
anything with wheels
1,852 Posts
TSB applied. First impression...its smooth as butter but I'm sure it's relearning right now. Time will tell.

Downshift in ECO seem quicker, more like Sport mode with less bogging.

Shifts are less noticeable under light throttle.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
110 Posts
At the dealer now having this applied. Came in for an oil change and was checking the forums while I waited. Perfect timing, thanks.

Will reply back later with impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
110 Posts
Dramatic difference. Drove about 20 miles on a combination of back roads and freeway.

Kept the Jeep in Eco mode the entire time and it was perfect. I usually turn Eco off as soon as I turn the Jeep on. Power delivery was extremely linear and the throttle was very responsive. Previously (in Eco), I would hit the accelerator, count to 3 and then go from crawling to full on throttle.

Didn't notice any bogging which would occasionally happen at random times (needs more testing). The Jeep feels like a different SUV, in a good way. Very impressed thus far. I have a 6 hour drive to Jersey and the same trip back over the next few days. Will report back on how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Finally... this was really annoying me.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts