Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long and sometimes frustrating wait, I'm loving my 2014 Deep Cherry Red Overland JGC, with V6, ATG and ORA II. Just hit 750 miles. What a great vehicle!

KJF

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Great looking Jeep! My wife wanted that color, and I can see why. I told her to buy her own! :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
awesome! How far are you from Moab? Post some pics of it in "Sand" mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you order the ORAII option on the Overland they change the 20's to 18's. Is there a reason for this, or is Jeep just trying to make more money?

I understand the importance of skid plates, the question is whether to get them with ORAII (and opt for the 18's) or have them installed later (with the 20's)?

My plans are to order up an Overland this coming week, but I just can't seem to get a handle on whether to go the 20 or 18 route. Any help with this question would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When you order the ORAII option on the Overland they change the 20's to 18's. Is there a reason for this, or is Jeep just trying to make more money?

I understand the importance of skid plates, the question is whether to get them with ORAII (and opt for the 18's) or have them installed later (with the 20's)?

My plans are to order up an Overland this coming week, but I just can't seem to get a handle on whether to go the 20 or 18 route. Any help with this question would be appreciated. thanks.
I was going through the same dilemma myself and ended up going with the 20's simply because I thought that they looked the best. If, down the road, I feel they aren't suitable to me, then buying 18's is all around cheaper than buying 20's farther down the road. I was concerned with how they'd handle off road as well, but this thread eased my mind a little bit.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/a-muddy-14-overland-60585.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome! How far are you from Moab? Post some pics of it in "Sand" mode.
Salt Lake City (3 1/2 - 4 hours). We get down there a couple of times a year,

KJF

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, all. I'm still loving my Jeep, although I have encountered a couple of issues.

First, this thing blows a fair amount of blue smoke on startup. So much so that people I work with have commented. Dealer was skeptical when we called, but said bring it in. After we left it, the dealership called back and said, "You're right, this blows a lot of smoke." They called Chrysler, which advised changing the PCV valve. Still blowing smoke, and have another appointment next week.

Second, I had a carload of adults in the Jeep yesterday. The guy sitting in the rear seat on the passenger side reaches up and takes ahold of the grab handle on the ceiling. Turns out the thing is only attached to the headliner, and he nearly pulled the entire headliner down. Checked the other grab handles, and they are well anchored. Dealer will look at it when the Jeep is in the shop next week.

Did change the tires. Didn't care for the stock Michelins. Installed Big Foot A/T All Terrains. Like them much better.

KJF

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, the dealer had a Chrysler rep look at my JGC on Friday. He said to replace the head. Sounds like bad valve guides. They'll have it for a few more days. In the mean time, I'm driving a crappy Jeep Patriot from Enterprise, courtesy of the dealership. Can't believe the JGC and this Patriot came from the same company.

KJF

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Word today is the dealer will replace both cylinder heads. Waiting for parts. Will be at least another week.

KJF

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.