Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

8641 - 8648 of 8648 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK. It is finally here. Ordered Aug. 28. Fell off the truck in November. Ordered another one and picked it up Wednesday.

Not sure but I may have withdrawal from not watching MOTS.

My first impressions - Way too cold to check out much at dealer. Still cold. DEF level was less than 50%. Must have had a problem filling because I specifically asked whether it had been filled and they said yes.

Drives like a dream. Lots of torque and very smooth.
Wife likes it so it is a win - win. I do like the seat memory for different drivers.

Lots of things that I haven't checked out. It may get up to near freezing today so may get some done today.

Dealer offers a lifetime drivetrain warranty at no cost if I do ALL my servicing at his dealership. Will at least start out that way and see if he overcharges for the service.

Disappointed with my tires. Planned to order 265-65 18s but my tire dealer said they wouldn't give me anything for my Michelins. I may try Craig's list or have them remounted when I go wheeling.

Having so many bells and whistles is a blessing and a curse. Some are really nice options but understanding everything is going to take some time.

Overall a very positive experience. This may exceed my experience with my 2005 Jeep Liberty which is the best vehicle so far.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Make sure to let the Jeep sit for 30 minutes before you check the oil. It can take up for 30 minutes for the oil in the diesels to drain back into the pain. If you don't wait, you may be over filling the oil.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Block Heater Cord Routing?

For those of you with the block heater:

I have a Cherokee 2000 with the engine block heater. The routing of the cord extends about 12" out of the bottom front grill area, and hangs just inside of the bumper protrusion. Works well. Very convenient.

Where does the '14 Diesel cord route? Is the hookup connector outside of the vehicle? Or does it require opening the hood to connect/disconnect?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
It sits on the passenger side near the posts for external connection for the battery. The cord is barely long enough, but you can route it down and attach it to the front passenger tow hook.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Thanks Shannon. My GC is going to have to sit outside regularly overnight, and having to wrestle a snow-covered hood didn't sound very good!

The Gunny

·
Premium Member
GC Summit
564 Posts
It sits on the passenger side near the posts for external connection for the battery. The cord is barely long enough, but you can route it down and attach it to the front passenger tow hook.
Without a good place in the lower grill to bring it out on my Summit, I just have it tie-wrapped in an accessible location in the engine compartment and pop the hood to attach it. Once attached, the extension cord can be routed so the hood can be fully closed, it just compresses the rubber seal a little. No big deal.

·
Registered
2010 Harley CVO
41 Posts
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Late production is one thing. The reason is another. Supplier issues? Demand? Quality issues?

Anyone?
I bought a diesel a month ago and the dealer informed me that the trans is made in Germany until the US gets their trans-factory up and running. I'm sure they are having some supplier issues and it just took 2 weeks to get a deffective side mirror replaced.;)

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,101 Posts
I suspect the dealer doesn't know what he is talking about. The ZF 8spd is one of the best transmissions out there and Jeep would be looking for trouble to try this on their own when this one is already integrated into their product line.

awindj
Man you have had the worst time. You hear of things like this but you lived it. I hope the ride lives up to expectations. I know I thought my wait was long but man yours was something else...

8641 - 8648 of 8648 Posts