Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In my case it was a 100% of each of those issues. The coolant temp sensor in my case was the cause. When replaced All issues cleared.

The concern was a loose wire or connection somewhere if it wasn’t the coolant temp sensor. Because if it wasn’t the sensor then it was going to cost me a lot more to troubleshoot the issue and wiring isn’t covered under the new AEM warranty that I now live under.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My ‘14 eco did this last night. All has reset. Very strange. My BMW would do this sort of thing when the battery was on its way out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The issue went away after a restart, CEL when away after 3rd restart. The same problem returned today with along with an throttle response issue. Sounds like I may be in for a dealer visit, or try throwing some parts at it myself.

Is the coolant sensor was covered und AEM warranty? I would have to weigh the cost of the parts on my own vs. freebie from the dealer and rearranging somethings before the visit. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
20 Posts
I've had those issues seeming caused by my blue-tooth OBD II reader. When I pull out the reader, all seems fine. Only has happened 3 or so times - now I only use the OBD II reader when I need to monitor something or check on status of regen cycle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I picked up a coolant sensor for $80 as a dealer yesterday. Installed it today. The problem was intermittent, so who know if it was “the fix.” I’m going to give it a week of driving before I do the MAP & MAF cleaning.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So far so good. No new EVIC messages. The rig seems to run better too. Amazing how a little extra chatter on the CAN bus can (pun intended) wreak havoc. No wonder so many service centers just try throwing part at the problem. Thank you Jeep Garage members!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts