Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question...Is there a intake system kit for the 2014 GC. If there is which one would you guys recommend?

I remember reading a thread of one that improve performance and added a nice rumble during acceleration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the process into getting one for my 2014 gc overland 5.7 hemi so far I've narrowed down to a k & n 63 series or the airaid. 310-212 both run around $200 . Check out anythingauto.com. Hope this helps ya out a little ..... I just wanted to ask if anyone had one & which they thought gave the most hp ?

·
Premium Member
2016 GC Summit
172 Posts
I just ordered a K&N CAI 77-1563KP from Amazon for $250. Should arrive next week. K&N has a installation video and also shows the sound difference in the video.

K&N Website

Amazon Website

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there baalic, I was looking on their site and it seems they only have it for the 2013 GC. Would you happen to have a link for the one on the 2014??
Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey there baalic, I was looking on their site and it seems they only have it for the 2013 GC. Would you happen to have a link for the one on the 2014??
Thanks

the 2013 and 2014 are basically identical as far as the engine's, engine wise it should still be a direct fit, many have already used the 2013 kit on their 2014's...

Cheers!!!

·
Premium Member
2016 GC Summit
172 Posts
Received my K&N CAI today, next day after ordering (love Amazon Prime), hope to install this weekend. Looks like it will be an easy install per the instructions.

·
Premium Member
2016 GC Summit
172 Posts
Installed my K&N CAI today and took about 45 minutes. It was fairly simple but did have one small problem. The K&N intake tube connection for the air temperature sensor didn't have a lock tab to lock the sensor in. So I used some silicone sealant plus twisted the connection harness so pressure was in the tighten position and the silicone sealant should keep it tight.

Road tested and I am very happy. I can tell the difference with the increased power even at lower speeds. The increased sound really sounds great also.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Baalic, can you please tell me the impact yiu are seeing on your MPGs and the noise. Thank you.
Haven't installed yet. Based on the videos the "sound" is negligible though. With similar setups on other vehicles I've noticed 1-2 mpg, and 1-2 mph on a 1/4 mile which could equate up to 10hp depending on which formula you use.

I was trying to wait until I can get a baseline 1/4 for my Overland before I install the new CAI. Then I'll have real world results as to the difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Installed the K&N 77-1563 today on my 2014 JGC SRT. Had to cut the tube down and re-weld the temp sensor lock, but it came out pretty clean. Here is a pic of the final product. Big difference in the sound of the exhaust now.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

·
Registered
'13 Grand Cherokee
640 Posts
Just installed the Volant system in my '13 JGC 5.7.
NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED....NONE! There was only an illustrated part list. I called and asked them "WTF...NO INSTRUCTIONS?" The guy said the parts list WAS the instructions. Anyway, finally figured it all out and got it installed, but had a problem with the temp sensor. Volant also chose to save a buck and only supply a grommet to shove the sensor into. Again, no instructs, no help. I think I got it in tight enough now, but it makes me nervous. I actually ordered another sensor, so I can try to come up with a better way of attaching it. Maybe I can find another bayonet mount somewhere?

The car runs a little stronger now, especially in the 2500 -3500 band, and the sound is impressive. I'd give the product a B, Documentation an F and Tech Support a D-
All in all, a pretty lame company...If I was doing it again, I'd look elsewhere

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was looking at a few CAI's mainly K&N and Volant. K&N offers 2 for the 14 - GC overland, 77-1563KP and 63-1563 but I'm struggling to figure out the difference from a performance perspective aside from HP gains. Anyone have some insight on this?

·
Registered
'13 Grand Cherokee
640 Posts
What performance gains would you be looking for, aside from horsepower? You'll hear the engine sucking air a little louder...the filter may last longer, and you might gain an extra mile or so per gallon of gas. Other than that???

·
Registered
227 Posts
What performance gains would you be looking for, aside from horsepower? You'll hear the engine sucking air a little louder...the filter may last longer, and you might gain an extra mile or so per gallon of gas. Other than that???
None, I just wanted to know what is different between both of the K&N parts other than the reported hp gain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.