Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to start!!

2014 SRT that had an engine light come on yesterday with a diagnostic code P0302 Cylinder 1 misfire.
Booked into Jeep straight away and got it looked at today. City jeep are saying it cannot repaired and a new engine in required. Retail price was $16,000 but they are happy to do it at a trade price of $14,000. How very kind of them!!!!
City Jeep has asked me to pay $1400 to diagnose the fault so they can send a claim to FCA to cover!!!
SRT had lifter Rods replaced under warranty at 60,000k due to a knocking noise. Car's service history has been with the dealer all the way through, major service was completed only 3 weeks ago!!!

Has anyone else had any thing remotely similar to this, i cant believe that the engine needs replacing after 5.5 years and only 120,000 on the clock.

What are the chances of FCA covering this?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Not sure where to start!!

2014 SRT that had an engine light come on yesterday with a diagnostic code P0302 Cylinder 1 misfire.
Booked into Jeep straight away and got it looked at today. City jeep are saying it cannot repaired and a new engine in required. Retail price was $16,000 but they are happy to do it at a trade price of $14,000. How very kind of them!!!!
City Jeep has asked me to pay $1400 to diagnose the fault so they can send a claim to FCA to cover!!!
SRT had lifter Rods replaced under warranty at 60,000k due to a knocking noise. Car's service history has been with the dealer all the way through, major service was completed only 3 weeks ago!!!

Has anyone else had any thing remotely similar to this, i cant believe that the engine needs replacing after 5.5 years and only 120,000 on the clock.

What are the chances of FCA covering this?
Hi accubass,
We certainly share your concern with this situation. Please send us a PM with your VIN if you would like us to look into this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I'd say this would be covered under Australian Consumer Law.

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
  • safe, lasting, with no faults
Lasting is the key word.

I'd say that a reasonable consumer would expect an engine to last more than 120,000km, particularly if it has been serviced by the dealer.

Don't muck about - lodge a claim (with Dept Fair Trading in NSW - not sure where you are located) and demand FCA to replace the engine for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts