Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

12481 - 12496 of 12496 Posts

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,809 Posts
Were you thinking they stopped at 499,999?
Yes. I didn't think that we would get to that point! Then I actually started paying attention, then I wondered what would happen...

Geez! That's a lot of Jeeps! :p

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,809 Posts
Well production started on the old WK (again!), for developing countries ONLY today.

This is the best kept secret I've ever seen!

Thank Goodness the platform didn't change all THAT much, we wouldn't be able to run these two Jeeps! Very little retooling necessary.

·
Premium Member
'15 Jeep GC Overland
601 Posts
Well production started on the old WK (again!), for developing countries ONLY today.

Thank Goodness the platform didn't change all THAT much, we wouldn't be able to run these two Jeeps! Very little retooling necessary.
I'm glad it's not April 1st, because I've always wanted an original WK. Thanks Marlon!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Don't the numbers *start* at 'EC100001'?

That would mean 400,000 Jeeps not 500,000.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,809 Posts
I haven't gone into work yet but I've heard the new switches on the tooling are not working out well despite most already having the switch in the first place from the WK/WK"2" production/pilot build time.

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
Hey Milous, Marlon and any other knowledgable insiders over there,
Bluey in Australia calling.
Have my MY14 DCR Laredo diesel and alls going well so far. 10,000kms (6,000 miles on it)
Jeep Australia have made numerous stuff ups with this MY14 Grand Cherokee rollout and this is one I am determined to rectify.
Oz Laredo's are retro fitted with a "ParkView" rear camera.
Mine was eventually fitted after 5 months of waiting.
ParkView is a registered tradmark of Chrysler.

The retro fitted "ParkView" camera is a cheap number with poor resolution in all situations except a clear day and with the sun not shining on it.
Forget it when its dusk or evening. Useless!!!!:mad:
Every other situation and you may as well not have it and drive by the Touch Method.

All Oz Jeep advertising states that it is a ParkView camera system including the Laredo. which it clearly is not a ParkView camera. Lousy resolution and no guidance lines.

My question is and hopefully you can supply the answer is;

Where can I find details about the "ParkView" TM Registered Trademark ?

I need this information to back up my application to Oz consumer affairs to get Jeep oz to fit a quality camera as they advertised. Our brochures state that ParkView is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.

Below are photos of our problems, one is a photo from the Oz Jeep brochure, no distortions there!!!

Bluey:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,489
Where can I find details about the "ParkView" TM Registered Trademark ?
Link:

TESS

Select "Singular"

Select "Live"

Search Term = "Parkview"

Click on "Submit Query"

Results for Chrysler should be #6:

Serial # 78713551 Reg #3231470 PARKVIEW

Click on "Parkview"

From that page you can click on blue box marked "TSDR" to see documents etc.

Milous

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
WTH? Seriously??

No joke Milous, this is a dealer fitted "ParkView" Camera on a MY14 Laredo. Crap job, just a hole hacked in the panel above the number plate. :mad:
From what you can see Milous, does that look like an OEM "ParkView" Chrysler Mopar camera to you????:confused:

As mentioned previously, Jeep Aust brochure clearly states supplying MY14 Laredo's with "ParkView" camera's.

Thanks for that trademark info too, Milous, I will track it down tomorrow, Info may help support my argument in the Office of Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs etc. 8:45pm Saturday night here in Melbourne. :)

Bluey

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
No joke Milous, this is a dealer fitted "ParkView" Camera on a MY14 Laredo. Crap job, just a hole hacked in the panel above the number plate. :mad:
From what you can see Milous, does that look like an OEM "ParkView" Chrysler Mopar camera to you????:confused:

As mentioned previously, Jeep Aust brochure clearly states supplying MY14 Laredo's with "ParkView" camera's.

Thanks for that trademark info too, Milous, I will track it down tomorrow, Info may help support my argument in the Office of Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs etc. 8:45pm Saturday night here in Melbourne. :)

Bluey
They could have least sealed the hole with a little silicone caulking. They didn't even attempt to make it look nice. If that were my vehicle I would back up right to the front of the dealership while viewing through the great camera they installed (making sure nobody was inside) and floor the sonovabitch right through into their showroom floor and just tell'em "your POS camera must have not worked because I couldn't see a friggin' thing. Sorry about that."
Maybe then you'll get their attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all

For those that have ongoing DPF issues with their MY2014 Grand Cherokee CRD's, I would greatly appreciate if you could support (like) my post on the Jeep Australia Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/jeepaustralia/posts/794236060636322

If anyone here is sitting on the fence about whether or not to purchase this vehicle... I'd strongly recommend against it given the rigmarole that myself and others are currently going through...

Regards

Bert Amara

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
Hey all

For those that have ongoing DPF issues with their MY2014 Grand Cherokee CRD's, I would greatly appreciate if you could support (like) my post on the Jeep Australia Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/jeepaustralia/posts/794236060636322

If anyone here is sitting on the fence about whether or not to purchase this vehicle... I'd strongly recommend against it given the rigmarole that myself and others are currently going through...

Regards

Bert Amara
Would love to support you Bert BUT Jeep Australia have banned me from their Facebook page because I become too vocal about the length of time my MY14 was delivered (10 Months) and also the Laredo crappy Camera issue that I was instrumental in getting changed out for an improved camera.

So, as Molly says, do me a favour and get Jeep Australia to get me back on their Facebook page and yes, I will support you. :)

Bluey:D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Done

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

12481 - 12496 of 12496 Posts