Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 13971 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Robo, i was referring to the dealers placing an order to build an MY13 to customer specs. Considering order banks have closed, dealers that are telling customers that they can still order a new MY13 are trying to pull a fast one on their customers so they can lock in a sale as far as im concerned as i doubt most customers would be happy to buy something they've never seen in real life or have confirmed specs for. That's not to say they cant get an MY13 for their customers, but it would have to be from whatevers already been built.

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
Got it.. agree. You can't order what's not in production

Exactly right Robo, (and other Aussie customers) this is where its totally confusing and a fair degree of fiddling with the truth comes in from both the dealers and Jeep Aust.

When I ordered my MY14 JGC Laredo CRD in November, it was punched in on a computer configured with the MY13 specs. They knew the MY14 was coming so it was handwritten on the order form for a MY14.

So how do Jeep Aust know what I would like in terms of MY14 external colours and internal colour selection and other options BEFORE they put the order in to JEEP US.

I would HOPE (without any degree of certainty) that JEEP AUST comes back to us before the order goes in and asks;

* "What would you like in terms of the new MY14 colours and options that werent available back in November?"

Is what we get that which is selected for us from JEEP AUST??

Finally, I noticed a similarly disgruntled OZ customer mention putting the gripes down on the JEEP Facebook site. Can anyone provide me with a POST NUMBER so I can log in on that Facebook site.. I feel like a big gripe/bitch (some say I look like one too!!):mad:

AND another thing!!! Why cant the JEEP AUST website be updated and configured to at least show some of the JGC MY14 features. They have on the JEEP US site along with the current MY13 model.

And thanks for this dedicated Aussie Thread too Milous, youve been a great help.:)

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Milous, sorry but need further clarification. I thought the Summit had chrome honeycomb inserts and the black honeycomb was on the Overland?.....
oops, yes, chrome for the Summit.

and did you (and all you Aussies out there) note my post 10077 in the other main forum (features & changes). The dealer has been working hard to find out about whether we are getting the Summit in addition to the Overland but the advice he has received from head office is directly opposite to what you have advised.
All I know is that the plant has built a few RHD pre-production Summit models specifically for the Australian market. It costs a LOT of money to certify every vehicle trim model, so in my opinion it would seem unlikely for Jeep to build these models when they are not planning to release them. Based on this, I still believe that Australia will get both the Overland and Summit - which is already confirmed so far for the U.S., Canada and Europe.

As I am sure you are aware, 2014 is different in that the Summit is a totally separate model and not a package off of the Overland. And for Australia there is a new/separate body code for the Summit, and a different one for the Overland. I'm keeping a close eye on production and will report any new information.

·
Registered
977 Posts
oops, yes, chrome for the Summit.

All I know is that the plant has built a few RHD pre-production Summit models specifically for the Australian market. It costs a LOT of money to certify every vehicle trim model, so in my opinion it would seem unlikely for Jeep to build these models when they are not planning to release them. Based on this, I still believe that Australia will get both the Overland and Summit - which is already confirmed so far for the U.S., Canada and Europe.

As I am sure you are aware, 2014 is different in that the Summit is a totally separate model and not a package off of the Overland. And for Australia there is a new/separate body code for the Summit, and a different one for the Overland. I'm keeping a close eye on production and will report any new information.
Thankyou Milous,
I am sure others here will read your reassuring comments. Your reasoning appears sound to me. It would be costly to change the specs for one country other than what is required by law. However, maybe that's why we live upside down. (Down Under).
I don't want to knock the dealer. I have spoken to many but this one has been very helpful. This vacuum of knowledge in Australia is not good though because many Aussies have orders in believing they will get cars in June/July. At some time their dealers will almost certainly have to come back to each client and re-configure whether they actually want an Overland or a Summit, colour, interior desires etc. etc. as all these combinations will have changed from the MY12/13's This is obviously going to set back the time when their orders are officially/REALLY submitted to the US for manufacture. That is telling me that Aussies may not be getting their cars in June/July but much later.....I hope not.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Finally, I noticed a similarly disgruntled OZ customer mention putting the gripes down on the JEEP Facebook site. Can anyone provide me with a POST NUMBER so I can log in on that Facebook site.. I feel like a big gripe/bitch (some say I look like one too!!):mad:

AND another thing!!! Why cant the JEEP AUST website be updated and configured to at least show some of the JGC MY14 features. They have on the JEEP US site along with the current MY13 model.

And thanks for this dedicated Aussie Thread too Milous, youve been a great help.:)
Hi Jeep Australia,... | Facebook

·
Registered
3 Posts
My sources from Fiat Chrysler Australia have confirmed that the Overland will be the only luxury model in Australia - The Overland we get is equipped with most of the Summit features and we will not be getting a model called Summit in Australia. Australian Overland's will have all the specifications and options that have been listed by Milous
Specifications will be similar to 2012 model Overland and will not have less equipment

RHD Summit's that Milous has seen could be for other RHD Countries such as UK.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My sources from Fiat Chrysler Australia have confirmed that the Overland will be the only luxury model in Australia - The Overland we get is equipped with most of the Summit features and we will not be getting a model called Summit in Australia. Australian Overland's will have all the specifications and options that have been listed by Milous
Specifications will be similar to 2012 model Overland and will not have less equipment

It's silly really isn't it. If Milous' info drops away and we get virtually a Summit with all its features but badged as an Overland then that means we will not be getting a lower spec US Overland here. That means people who have ordered an Aussie Overland will be getting a Summit which is beyond their budget. If we don't get the lower spec US Overland then Aussie's will have to drop back to a limited and consider adding some options. Crazy, you would think it better to just stick with whats being provided into Europe, Canada and the US.....but then again, maybe Fiat America is building yet other options for Africa, China, South America and as you said...the UK.
That looks more costly to me but then again...I'm just a spec out there in the Ocean. All Aussie Jeepers are now hanging on every word coming from Milous.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,701 Posts
Ok....looking at the info milous and jeepgarage has shared here....are u guys REALLY gonna take a dealers word?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ok....looking at the info milous and jeepgarage has shared here....are u guys REALLY gonna take a dealers word?
Rang Fiat Chrysler a moment ago and could not get past the PR department.
The only answer he would give is "they have not been informed of anything".
So it's not the blame of the Dealer.....and I like the dealer I have been speaking too, he is a nice guy and trying to be helpful. The blame should be sheeted home to Fiat/Chrysler. They are treating their customers very poorly indeed.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts

I know you don't wish to reveal sources but is this info from a dealer or someone futher uo the corporate line in Head Office /marketing on Jeep Aus? If a dealer we are still at square one.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I would trust Milous's take on things before any Aust dealer!
He previously posted the Aus. Model number for the Summit and I am sure that the spec in Post 1 will prove to be the case.

I have heard from various dealers that they have been told the Summit is coming - I've also heard from others it isn't. Some dealers have even said the 8 speed won't be available with the CRD!
The bottom line is they've been told little from Jeep Aust except 'move all the MY13s we have on the way. I would suggest until the backlog of MY13s are sold, Jeep Aust will continue to 'play dead' on any talk of the MY14.

Be patient - Jeep Aust hold all the cards and they have proven not to be greatly responsive to their customers when commercial considerations are to the fore. The bottom line is I suggest they don't want to discount their MY13 stock- which they may have heavily ordered when the order banks were closing last year. To play this game they must be confident they have sufficient MY13 stock to carry them thru to June and as such revving up talk of the MY14 will not help their MY13 sales until then.

Not a happy situation for us MY14 buyers - but I think reality.

For a reasonable transition to the MY14, I would think they would have to take customer orders by end of March unless they plan that all initial stock to be dealer orders only. This will allow them to delay the launch further - your guess is as good as mine!

Jeep garage.org will still be, by far, the best source of info on the Aus MY14 for a while yet - until dealers have a spec sheet and pricing in their hands, their comments are largely speculation.

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
Dutch,
Therein lies another complication. I traded my vehicle in (leaving me with out a tug) but that was my decision and no probs with that. That was mid November.
When I completed the deal, the invoice stated the price along with all the known options at that time eg. crd, Quadralift,Leather,sunroof,towbar etc.
That left a balance owing after the trade in price was subtracted from it, payable upon delivery.
Now they have a substantial deposit in the trade in, approx 40%.
Question is, (and I may get legal advice on this) can I legally stick to the invoice price ie(balance remaining) or would I be subject to price increases (which was not mentioned at the time of signing the contract).
Probably not a question for this forum, Will work it out myself buat an interesting one.

All I want is some info from those that matter!! JEEP AUSTRALIA or is it
Fiat Chrysler Australia ???

Buggered if I know who I'm dealing with!!

Bluey

·
Registered
97 Posts
Local dealer here still has basically no info on the '14. He isnt trying to hide anything either, as he has us down for a '14 order as we had ordered a '13 but it had to be changed to the new model.

Apparently he got told by powers higher up that jeep australia wont release the '14s to the dealers until basically all stock of the my13's had been sold. Not sure how true this is, but hopefully its not quite the case!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this will unfold. There are obviously many Aussies out there that have purchased MY14 Overlands, signed contracts and left deposits. In the case of Hymer a substantial amount via a trade in. If we do in fact get both an Overland and a Summit can someone explain to me what will happen with all those orders/contracts. Some purchasers are believing they will get a Summits (even if it is badge "Overland", others are believing they will be getting Overlands (as in the US lower spec Overland). Can someone explain to me how this will pan out. Will those orders all go in as Overlands?.....how does that resolve orders where some purchasers believe they are getting lower spec Overlands and others higher spec Summits?

21 - 40 of 13971 Posts