Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 13971 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Local dealer here still has basically no info on the '14. He isnt trying to hide anything either, as he has us down for a '14 order as we had ordered a '13 but it had to be changed to the new model.

Apparently he got told by powers higher up that jeep australia wont release the '14s to the dealers until basically all stock of the my13's had been sold. Not sure how true this is, but hopefully its not quite the case!
i am guessing that dealers that over stocked on MY13 "want" Jeep to block the MY14 until they sell out but I know there are dealers with very little stock and some with lots, so you cant penalise the dealers with no stock to sell while the others try to off load.. the show must go on !!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep totally agree rob.

Webber - im going to 'assume' that when the order banks open for us here, the dealer should really be contacting the person with the order confirming they want an overland or a summit - otherwise if they leave the order as is id say there will be alot of overlands coming.

I actually want the overland version, not the summit, and so as long as he doesnt order me the wrong one, ill be happy.

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
RHD Summit's that Milous has seen could be for other RHD Countries such as UK.
But it's not. It's Brilliant Black with brown interior, Summit badge, and the paperwork with it clearly states "Australia" (with a shipping destination of Melbourne). Currently in QC, it has the 5.7L, RJ4 nav radio (export version of RA4) as well as the Harman Audio system.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Yep totally agree rob.

Webber - im going to 'assume' that when the order banks open for us here, the dealer should really be contacting the person with the order confirming they want an overland or a summit - otherwise if they leave the order as is id say there will be alot of overlands coming.

I actually want the overland version, not the summit, and so as long as he doesnt order me the wrong one, ill be happy.
Kayezy - further to your assumption, I'm also assuming once they confirm the model with us, a new order/contract will need to be signed with the actual model, specs, options and final pricing. The contract as it stands is decidedly fluffy - ummm, one might even say "Dodgey" :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
But it's not. It's Brilliant Black with brown interior, Summit badge, and the paperwork with it clearly states "Australia" (with a shipping destination of Melbourne). Currently in QC, it has the 5.7L, RJ4 nav radio (export version of RA4) as well as the Harman Audio system.
Milous,

I don't know who the new member is with 2 posts, but as I have been discussing with some of the guys via PM, no one over here knows what's going on, I actually doubt jeep au know, they are a franchise not part of corp. I know dealer don't know, so this to me is just someone stiring the pot. As I have said many time in PM mainly with Webber and Robo, the only person I beleive right now is you. I like to use the example that you said back in June last year we will get an 8 speed diesel, but the dealers were trying to say that will not happen. They said it will be only on the V6.

Bottom line is, I have read every post on the main page, followed it from the first month and you have always been spot on, they still don't know much. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe someone at Jeep Australia has a special order for one for himself! Just to be different than all of us.....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Milous,

I don't know who the new member is with 2 posts, but as I have been discussing with some of the guys via PM, no one over here knows what's going on, I actually doubt jeep au know, they are a franchise not part of corp. I know dealer don't know, so this to me is just someone stiring the pot. As I have said many time in PM mainly with Webber and Robo, the only person I beleive right now is you. I like to use the example that you said back in June last year we will get an 8 speed diesel, but the dealers were trying to say that will not happen. They said it will be only on the V6.

Bottom line is, I have read every post on the main page, followed it from the first month and you have always been spot on, they still don't know much. :confused::confused::confused:
Aussies PLUS Milous.
I am not suggesting for one moment that Milous is misleading us. Milous is a Saint as far as I am concerned. It is hard to believe that Fiat-Chryler is nothing more than a "franchise". The fact is Milous could well be giving us correct info on what is available to him and I have been hanging on every word and again thank you Milous. BUT, I have been fearful that Chrysler Australia may not have "locked it in" and with all the "Overlands" being sold as MY12's and MY13's and contracts sold for MY14's Overlands they may have "boxed" themselves into a corner. It could be a bad PR exercise to have a car called a Summit in view of all the recent Overlands sold and ordered. The big Australian chiefs may have made last minute compromised decision to sell the Summit as a badged Overland in Australia. That would partly explain why some dealers are stating we will not be getting a Summit. As explained recently I have an email committed to writing stating that he (the dealer) was informed by his state manager from Head Office only this week that we are not getting a Summit. It will be an Overland with all the Summit specs. I am thrilled to read Milous' latest observations that he has now actually seen a Summit with a Melbourne address on it. This is real progress in this very poorly Public Relations exercise by Fiat-Chrysler Australia. How Head Office can consider this good PR I will never understand. How all those dealers are going to deal with their clients I have no idea because many want Overland specs and many want Summit specs. You can see why new/Used car salesman are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to "ethics". I think this blame should more likely rest with Fiat-Chrylser Australia and not the Salesmen who are going to have to deal with a lot of either happy or very mad clients. They are going to have to go through the embarrassment of contacting everyone to clarify this mess. Those of us still on this site are now or still rusted on Jeep buyers but how many potential clients have switched off and purchased another make of vehicle. Obviously I operate on a different set of "ethics" to Chrysler Australia. This practice cannot be helpful to a companies reputation and standing in the community.
I repeat again Milous.....your recent observations would have to be the best news in months because it is (only the first I hope) the first hard evidence supporting everything you have been informing us......AND I WANT YOU TO BE RIGHT. Lets keep this site going for another 10,000 posts and all come back with stories on just how our salesmen came back to us all with their "excuses" and "stories". It could be interesting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Haha, webber in regards to the summit story from my dealer, when I mentioned it to him a couple of weeks ago, he had a very baffled look on his face. He never tried to deny it was coming, he just knew nothing of it!

He didnt even realise they sold a overland summit in America for the '13s.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Or you could just wait until the official launch in Aus when FCJD AU and the dealers are actually told anything about MY14, and see how they handle it then. I think you're assuming they're misleading everyone and being deceptive when they may in fact be, and probably are, just clueless. Who's to say they won't do a ring-around to those with orders to confirm when they have details of trims and options. You could always put your order on hold until the launch...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Milous love your work. Our order last year was based on the advice on the forum. The dealer said no 8 speed but I was so confident we placed the order for a Overland. My salesman is still saying no 8 speed!!!. My concern will be if they take things out of the current Overland eg adaptive cruise etc. We do not want a Summit because light frost is not an interior option, there is no off road pack and I prefer the Overland wheels. I will follow up with the dealer in the next couple of days because there is no information out of the Jeep Australia call center. I am sure though that the two posts Milous has reserved at the start of this thread will be for the Overland/Limited/Laredo specs when they become available.Regards.:)

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Im thinking this is a press release vehicle destined for the Melb 2013 Motor Show in June -

http://www.motorshow.com.au/VisitorInformation/DatesOpeningHours.aspx

what do you reckon?

I bet if Milous looks he will find one of each model heading for Melbourne ;)

maybe they will gauge reaction to the Summit at the show before committing it to the line up. -- my Crystal ball is working overtime !

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,707 Posts
there is no "gauging interest" in the summit for Oz.....they are coming!

·
Registered
Overland
317 Posts
Can this thread be made a 'sticky' and moved to the: Grand Cherokee - WK2 > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

It would appear to be the natural home for this thread and would get more views IMO. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can any of my fellow Aussies recommend a Sydney (north-west) based salesperson that is good to work with and is a straight talker?

The two that I have been dealing with have recently stopped working for the various dealers and now I have to forge a new relationship. My first preference is Heartland Motors - Castle Hill, but I previously maintained contact with a salesman from Suttons Chrysler Jeep Dodge Waitara.

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
I would almost guarantee that the Summit that was built and being shipped to melbourne, will not be going to a dealership. It will be most likely be headed for Australia HQ.
The purpose of the car could be for compliance assessment, HQ Executive joyriding, or for presentation purposes to a seminar of dealers.
It does not essentially mean that these will be incorporated into the Australian Jeep lineup, nor equally does it mean they wont.
If anyone can analyse the rationale and thought processes of Jeep HQ in Australia, they must be a wizzard, or insane, as Jeep Australia generally does weird things, and appear to keep everything secretive. Take for example the storing of SRT's last year, where they sat in storage yards for months prior to release. I suspect one reason for that was to incorporate a wheel arch attachment to widen the gap between the wheels and the body, which is not apparently on the USA cars.
Generally everyone on this forum would know more about the Jeep processes, and models, than any Australian dealer salesman.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Can any of my fellow Aussies recommend a Sydney (north-west) based salesperson that is good to work with and is a straight talker?
My first preference is Heartland Motors - Castle Hill, but I previously maintained contact with a salesman from Suttons Chrysler Jeep Dodge Waitara.
This is who I was dealing with at Castle Hill.

Paige Christiansen | Sales Consultant
Heartland Chrysler Jeep Dodge | Castle Hill
T: (02) 8858 0733
Mob: 0425 453 948
F: (02) 9894 5600
E: [email protected]
W: New & Used Car Dealer In Sydney - Heartland Motors

She wasn’t senior, and was relatively new, cam from a Kia dealership I think.
She was however very good at following up.
I was interested in the current model and they had a great Ltd Diesel demo that was kitted up we thought about.
But I have decided to wait for 2014, and I told her to contact me as soon as she has some real info, and they way she followed me up in the past I expect she will as long as still works there.

I will shoot her an email now actually.

Edit: Seems she is gone.
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is who I was dealing with at Castle Hill.

Paige Christiansen | Sales Consultant

[email protected]
Guess what. Seems we have a similar story. I have been dealing with Paige. I found she was mostly a straight talker and as you say, she followed up diligently. I was also dealing with Neven Vukelic from Waitara, who was also attentaive and not pushy.

Now this gets me thinking about trying for a group 2014 deal..... :)

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I had also contacted Penrith, and they were average and told me 2014 would be here in 2015.
Parramatta is easier for me from a servicing front, Castle Hill is a pain, I struggle to get the Pajero serviced there.
Either way, I will play them against each other when the time comes.

Planning on Ltd Diesel, based on US Spec with Lux II & Tow packs.

I expect they will keep it the same where the V8 and Diesel already come with tow pack.

41 - 60 of 13971 Posts