Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
13,961 - 13,971 of 13,971 Posts
Thanks Zen Snuke.

Attachments

Hi

I want to supply the parts for the 80k km service for a 2014 GC Diesel at a local workshop.

I'm having difficulties though finding the right oil filter. The local Repco told me that they don't stock oil filters for the post 2012 models. They also said I'm better off buying the genuine filter from the dealer as they have come across people fitting the earlier filters which look the same and fit the same, but then having oil pressure problems.

Likewise, when I tried to purchase a service pack from Ryko, they told me they don't make one for post 2012 diesels and that while the oil filter from the earlier series fit, they are unsuitable.

I also noticed that there are oil filters on ebay which state they fit all the diesel models from 2011, but when specifically checking it against the model, it says not suitable.

So where should I purchase a filter from (apart from the dealer), what brand and part number?

Thanks

Hi

I want to supply the parts for the 80k km service for a 2014 GC Diesel at a local workshop.

I'm having difficulties though finding the right oil filter. The local Repco told me that they don't stock oil filters for the post 2012 models. They also said I'm better off buying the genuine filter from the dealer as they have come across people fitting the earlier filters which look the same and fit the same, but then having oil pressure problems.

Likewise, when I tried to purchase a service pack from Ryko, they told me they don't make one for post 2012 diesels and that while the oil filter from the earlier series fit, they are unsuitable.

I also noticed that there are oil filters on ebay which state they fit all the diesel models from 2011, but when specifically checking it against the model, it says not suitable.

So where should I purchase a filter from (apart from the dealer), what brand and part number?

Thanks

Chookie.

I also queried Ryco and they advised me that from calendar year 2014 is where the changes took place. They were adamant that my early MY14 was fine.

I ordered mine as an MY11-13 in Jan 13 but got an MY14 in July that year.

Regards

Adrian.

Sorry, a couple other questions...

Does my May 2013 (MY 2014) JGC require two fuel filters?

I checked the labour quote from my mechanic for the 80k km book service and it does not include oil changes for either the front or rear diffs. Is that required for this service? Despite plans, I have never taken the Jeep off-road or used the low range. It currently has 63k kms on the clock.

Thanks

So I got the 80k kms service the other day. Supplied most of my own parts but it turned out that Repco supplied the wrong fuel filter (and it needed two) and the AT fluid was insufficient quantity. I also got the dealer to fit the new HID globe but it turns out it is the wrong one - apparently it needs a D3S, not the D1S as advised by Jeep Australia, nor halogens as listed under my VIN.

Anyway the dealer said they can supply the genuine D3S globe for $440 or an aftermarket for $390. No thanks! I ordered the genuine Osram D3S on line for $80. Dealer also said they found a puncture in one of my new rear tyres - repair around $70, I declined as I can get it done at the local tyre place for around $20 but the thing is I checked the tyre pressures after picking up the car and checked them again daily over the past week and it hasn't changed.

Anyway, back to globe - is there anywhere I can take the car to have it fitted, like an auto electrician who knows what they are doing? Dealer wants $170 to fit it.

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the sun roof screen not closing? Also have problems with interior lights on roof centre console not working so I am wondering if both issues are connected...

I just replaced the HID globes in my MY14 jeep and it was not an easy job.
Had to remove bumper/grille assembly, top plastic covers and headlights just to access the globe holders. Took about an hour and also had to buy some plastic rivets to reinstall bumper

Reactions: 67HR
Does anyone have an email address for sending complaints to FCA? This is concerning the issue I have with the leather deterioration on the driver's seat on my Overland. I submitted a complaint on 17th February but have had no response whatsoever. Problem is you can't attach photos and the problem is getting worse by the day and I am at the moment travelling in the WA outback. When I looked again at the FCA site it says enquiries get sent to some Takata Recall handling service??? My complaint has nothing to do with airbags???

Taking it further, who is best - Dept of Fair Trading, NCAT, ACCC ???

In NSW, Initially it is Dept Fair Trading. If you don't get anywhere with DFT - then you move to the next step of NCAT.

You have done the right thing in approaching FCA first. This adds weight to your DFT complaint.

DFT have a simple online complaints form. I've found them very good at chasing things up.

Reactions: Qpr39
13,961 - 13,971 of 13,971 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.