Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling the premium headlamps that came with my 2014 Overland. I have replaced them with 2014 SRT headlights. No scratches on them and look like new.

Selling the pair for $1050 shipped to the lower 48 states.

The headlights do not include the HID bulbs as I had to use those on the ones I bought.

I am located in Atlanta. Local pickup would be preferred but not required.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$700 for both of them if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately they are not. Maybe you can look at seeing if you can get the connecting harness from the lux II package and then they would be plug and play.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately they are not. Maybe you can look at seeing if you can get the connecting harness from the lux II package and then they would be plug and play.
Yea, been working on that. Concern is warranty being voided in doing the conversion. That was my dealers initial reaction when I asked about it today. Sent an email to Chrysler customer service to confirm that claim.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, been working on that. Concern is warranty being voided in doing the conversion. That was my dealers initial reaction when I asked about it today. Sent an email to Chrysler customer service to confirm that claim.
Gotcha. I would be concerned too. From what I know only the part you are modifying would be out of warranty. All else should be intact. I did many modification to my Wrangler before I booth this truck and no issues with the warranty. But hit me up if you change your mind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gotcha. I would be concerned too. From what I know only the part you are modifying would be out of warranty. All else should be intact. I did many modification to my Wrangler before I booth this truck and no issues with the warranty. But hit me up if you change your mind.
When I learn more I definitely will. I would really like to have them on my jeep.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Limited 2wd
308 Posts
Ive read on another jeep forum that someone is going the be offering plug and play adaptors for this conversion.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those that have concerns about warranty:

Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage

·
Registered
227 Posts
Were the SRT's plug and Play with your 14 jgc Overland? Do you have the part number? Is the only difference just black bezel?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Were the SRT's plug and Play with your 14 jgc Overland? Do you have the part number? Is the only difference just black bezel? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
They sure are plug and play. Only difference between the two is the black color and the SRT ones have the headlight washers and are adaptive. Don't care for the washers, and have not driven it at night away from the city to know if the adaptive part works. Truck is getting some warranty work done at dealer. Will have it back tomorrow night and see if I can get the part numbers for you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
They sure are plug and play. Only difference between the two is the black color and the SRT ones have the headlight washers and are adaptive. Don't care for the washers, and have not driven it at night away from the city to know if the adaptive part works. Truck is getting some warranty work done at dealer. Will have it back tomorrow night and see if I can get the part numbers for you.
Thanks for the response. I feel like mine already have the washer but maybe it just looks that way but doesn't function.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the response. I feel like mine already have the washer but maybe it just looks that way but doesn't function. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Only Summit/SRT have washers. The others have just a cover.

I looked for the part numbers but did not find any on the ones I have. Sorry man.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dark Shadows, Good to hear from someone who actually own a Overland and remove the headlights and validate that the Headlights Washer is just a Cap and not the real deal.. Saw conflicting post, some said the Overland comes standard with Washers, other said it did not..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.